The sequel to summer hit Fast & Furious 6, which scored the best worldwide opening in Universal’s history, continues to add actors who are new to the franchise. The latest to join the Fast & Furious 7 cast are Kurt Russell, who weeks ago had been said to be talks for a role, and John Brotherton. Vin Diesel confirmed Russell’s casting in a Facebook post complete with a photo — the Fast & Furious veteran’s page has nearly 48 million likes — but there are no details on his character. Sources tell Deadline that Brotherton, whose credits include The Conjuring, Jane By Design and One Life To Live, will play Sheppard, who’s described as the Russell character’s right-hand man. Russell — whose five-decade career includes such films as Escape From New York, Backdraft, Stargate and Grindhouse — next appears in the western Bone Tomahawk. James Wan’s Fast & Furious 7 is shooting in Atlanta with Diesel, Paul Walker, Dwayne Johnson, Michelle Rodriguez, Lucas Black and franchise rookies including Jason Statham and Djimon Hounsou.
Kurt Russell, John Brotherton Join ‘Fast & Furious 7′ Cast
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'
- A+E Networks Outbids Time Warner For 10% Vice Media Stake
- HBO Miniseries 'Olive Kitteridge' Sets November Premiere Dates
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Is “Resting Comfortably”, Says Daughter Melissa
- No Hollywood Credits For Obama IP Czar Nominee
- Hot Trailer: Jon Stewart's 'Rosewater'