The sequel to summer hit Fast & Furious 6, which scored the best worldwide opening in Universal’s history, continues to add actors who are new to the franchise. The latest to join the Fast & Furious 7 cast are Kurt Russell, who weeks ago had been said to be talks for a role, and John Brotherton. Vin Diesel confirmed Russell’s casting in a Facebook post complete with a photo — the Fast & Furious veteran’s page has nearly 48 million likes — but there are no details on his character. Sources tell Deadline that Brotherton, whose credits include The Conjuring, Jane By Design and One Life To Live, will play Sheppard, who’s described as the Russell character’s right-hand man. Russell — whose five-decade career includes such films as Escape From New York, Backdraft, Stargate and Grindhouse — next appears in the western Bone Tomahawk. James Wan’s Fast & Furious 7 is shooting in Atlanta with Diesel, Paul Walker, Dwayne Johnson, Michelle Rodriguez, Lucas Black and franchise rookies including Jason Statham and Djimon Hounsou.
Kurt Russell, John Brotherton Join ‘Fast & Furious 7’ Cast
What's Hot on Deadline
Film Independent Spirit Award Nominations Announced: 'Carol', 'Spotlight', 'Beasts Of Nation' Come Up Strong
CW's 'DC's Legends Of Tomorrow', 'The 100', Get Premiere Dates, 'Vampire Diaries', 'The Originals' Move To Friday
Latest Film News
- Kevin Costner To Narrate MMA Doc ‘Hurt Business’; Kickboxer Remake Sequel A Go
- Deadline’s The Contenders: ‘99 Homes’ Director Ramin Bahrani On Shannon, Garfield & “Web Of Corruption”…
- Bridge Independent & Ketchup Ink Digital Deal
- ‘The Danish Girl’s Tom Hooper On “Moving” Transgender Response To The Film – AwardsLine Screening
- The Sony Hack One Year Later: Just Who Are The Guardians Of Peace?
- Ryan Gosling Orbiting Damien Chazelle’s Neil Armstrong Movie At Universal?