The sequel to summer hit Fast & Furious 6, which scored the best worldwide opening in Universal’s history, continues to add actors who are new to the franchise. The latest to join the Fast & Furious 7 cast are Kurt Russell, who weeks ago had been said to be talks for a role, and John Brotherton. Vin Diesel confirmed Russell’s casting in a Facebook post complete with a photo — the Fast & Furious veteran’s page has nearly 48 million likes — but there are no details on his character. Sources tell Deadline that Brotherton, whose credits include The Conjuring, Jane By Design and One Life To Live, will play Sheppard, who’s described as the Russell character’s right-hand man. Russell — whose five-decade career includes such films as Escape From New York, Backdraft, Stargate and Grindhouse — next appears in the western Bone Tomahawk. James Wan’s Fast & Furious 7 is shooting in Atlanta with Diesel, Paul Walker, Dwayne Johnson, Michelle Rodriguez, Lucas Black and franchise rookies including Jason Statham and Djimon Hounsou.
Kurt Russell, John Brotherton Join ‘Fast & Furious 7′ Cast
Trending Now on Deadline
NBC Cameraman Declared Ebola-Free; Tries To Rescue Nancy Snyderman From Self-Inflicted Career Disaster -- UPDATE
More From Team
- Create Advertising Group Ups Carrie Gormley & Jonathan Gitlin
- Karen Pittman Joins 'The Americans'; Gloria Reuben In 'Mr. Robot'
- 'Below Deck' Renewed For Third Season By Bravo
- 'Shark Tank' Spinoff 'Beyond The Tank' Ordered At ABC
- 'Cold Justice' Spinoff Greenlit By TNT
- Hollywood Film Awards Sets 18 Categories