The sequel to summer hit Fast & Furious 6, which scored the best worldwide opening in Universal’s history, continues to add actors who are new to the franchise. The latest to join the Fast & Furious 7 cast are Kurt Russell, who weeks ago had been said to be talks for a role, and John Brotherton. Vin Diesel confirmed Russell’s casting in a Facebook post complete with a photo — the Fast & Furious veteran’s page has nearly 48 million likes — but there are no details on his character. Sources tell Deadline that Brotherton, whose credits include The Conjuring, Jane By Design and One Life To Live, will play Sheppard, who’s described as the Russell character’s right-hand man. Russell — whose five-decade career includes such films as Escape From New York, Backdraft, Stargate and Grindhouse — next appears in the western Bone Tomahawk. James Wan’s Fast & Furious 7 is shooting in Atlanta with Diesel, Paul Walker, Dwayne Johnson, Michelle Rodriguez, Lucas Black and franchise rookies including Jason Statham and Djimon Hounsou.
Kurt Russell, John Brotherton Join ‘Fast & Furious 7′ Cast
Trending Now on Deadline
Ferguson Grand Jury Decision: CNN & Fox News Reporters Attacked On-Air; Networks Go Live To Obama Remarks Over No Indictment - Update
Nicole Kidman & Reese Witherspoon To Star In 'Big Little Lies' Limited Series, Penned By David E. Kelley
More From Team
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot
- Matt Barr Joins TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot; Katie Sarife In 'The Michelle Knight Story'