After dozens of movies and TV appearances in films like The Usual Suspects and From Earth To The Moon, Kevin Pollak is going behind the camera with Misery Loves Comedy. The veteran actor will make his feature directorial debut with the documentary that explores the world of stand-up comedy, it was announced today. Launching with a Kickstarter campaign last week, the film is being produced by Becky Newhall of Newaley Pictures and Burton Ritchie and Ben Galecki of Heretic Films. Misery With Comedy will feature interviews with Jon Favreau, Lisa Kudrow, directors Paul Feig, Barry Sonnenfeld and Jason Reitman, Lewis Black, Jason Alexander and Whoopi Goldberg among others. “My hope is that we shed all new light on the pain behind the humor, but also uncover more about the minds and hearts of comedians than any of us think we know,” said Pollak in a statement. The docu is set to shoot in NYC from September 9-13 and in LA from September 16-October 4. This is not actually Pollak’s first time directing: The actor has helmed a number of episodes of the web series Vamped Out. Pollak, who has also hosted the web series Kevin Pollack’s Chat Show since 2009, is repped by Mavrick Artists Agency.
Kevin Pollak Sets Directorial Debut With Comedy Docu
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Busy Sundance Producer Rachel Song Launches China Production Company
- No. 8 ‘Thor: Ragnarok’ Box Office Profits – 2017 Most Valuable Blockbuster Tournament
- Bankruptcy Court Approves Weinstein Co.’s Plans To Keep Lights On, Employees Paid
- ‘Isle Of Dogs’ Review: Wes Anderson’s Weirdly Wonderful Canine Epic Is A Toon Worth Telling
- Behind The MGM Shakeup Shocker! What Happened To Instigate MGM Chairman/CEO Gary Barber’s Ouster?
- H Collective Lands Aaron W. Sala Horror Spec ‘The Beast’