EXCLUSIVE: Bates Motel executive producer/co-showrunner Kerry Ehrin is re-teaming with Jason Katims for an hourlong project, which has been set up at NBC. Written by Ehrin, the untitled project tells the darkly comedic story of two unlikely female partners in the Boston PD — one a fortysomething single mom with a ton of baggage, the other an ambitious Latina twentysomething wannabe-hotshot with a lot to learn. It’s a cat-and-mouse game of who-can-you-trust told through the lens of two high-spirited, slightly insane professionals. Universal TV, where Ehrin and Katims are based, is producing with Katims’ True Jack Prods. Ehrin, Katims and Michelle Lee executive produce. Before teaming with Carlton Cuse for A&E’s breakout Bates Motel last year, Ehrin spent six years working on Katims series Friday Night Lights, which she joined after the pilot, and Parenthood. This marks True Jack’s third sale this season along with a JJ Philbin comedy, which has a put pilot commitment at NBC, and a Sarah Watson legal romantic comedy at ABC. The Katims-penned About A Boy launches in midseason on NBC.
Kerry Ehrin & Jason Katims Reunite For Female Buddy Cop Comedic Drama At NBC
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Last Jedi' Now Opening To $219M: How Disney Continues To Win With The 'Star Wars' Franchise - Update
Harvey Weinstein Again Denies Blackballing Actresses: Says He Wanted Ashley Judd For 'Good Will Hunting'
Latest TV News
- Kevin Hart Brings Holiday Cheer & Beleaguered Captain Shadow To ‘SNL’
- ‘SNL’ Weekend Update Shames Hollywood Gropers, Banishes Omarosa And Welcomes Sleazy Boat Guy
- Sam Rockwell To Host ‘Saturday Night Live’ In January
- ‘SNL’: Alec Baldwin Ends War On Christmas As Omarosa Begs Forgiveness
- Gretchen Carlson To Former Fox Colleague Bill O’Reilly: “Who Are U Fooling?”
- XFL Return Rumored As WWE Head Vince McMahon Forms New Investment Venture