EXCLUSIVE: The director of 1981’s An American Werewolf In London is getting back into the shape-shifting genre. John Landis has come on board SpectreVision’s Bad Vibes pic as an executive producer. “Based on the impressive slate of genre films that Elijah Wood and SpectreVision are producing, I am very excited that Dave Gebroe’s clever and scary Bad Vibes has found the perfect home,” Landis said in a statement today. Produced by Wood, Daniel Noah, and Josh C. Waller’s newly renamed company, the 1960s psychedelic rock music scene-based werewolf film is being directed by Gebroe. The Zombie Honeymoon helmer also wrote Bad Vibes’ original screenplay. Indie musician Ariel Pink has also joined the film as composer. Landis served as EP on the 2011 comedy horror pic Some Guy Who Kills People. Known for directing Animal House, The Blues Brothers and Eddie Murphy’s Coming To America as well as Michael Jackson’s Thriller video, the last feature Landis directed was 2010’s UK comedy Burke And Hare. He also directed an episode of the Brit show Psychoville in 2011. Along with Bad Vibes, SpectreVision’s has the horror-comedy Cooties starring Wood, Alison Pill and Rainn Wilson; Toad Road; and the Iran-set vampire love story A Girl Walks Home Alone At Night, which is in postproduction. Landis is repped by Resolution.
John Landis Set As EP For Elijah Wood’s SpectreVision Werewolf Pic
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill O'Reilly To Matt Lauer On His Firing From Fox News & Sexual Harassment Claims: "This Was A Hit Job"
Tucker Carlson Blasts Emmys; Calls It A "Remarkable Triumph Of Identity Politics Over Art & Entertainment"
Latest Film News
- Will Paramount Replace Chinese Slate Partner With U.S. $$$? Dallas-Based Investors Circling
- ‘Fall In Love’: Will This Virtual Reality Program Make You Fall In Love?
- Oscars: France Enters Robin Campillo’s ‘BPM’ In Foreign Language Race
- CAA Signs TIFF Rising Star Jessie Buckley; Primary Wave Signs ‘Human Traces’ Vinnie Bennett
- David Tennant & Elisabeth Moss’ ‘Mad To Be Normal’ Headed To Samuel Goldwyn Films
- ‘Star Wars’ Will Receive Promotional Help From Tie-Ins With Six Major Brands