The David Gordon Green-directed Joe is drawing a crowd. Lionsgate/Roadside Attractions has been the frontrunner all day in an auction held by CAA, with Magnolia and Sony Pictures Classics among those in the hunt. Right now, it’s between Lionsgate/Roadside Attractions and Magnolia as the bidding gets into the $2 million range. The film is a contemporary thriller that stars Nicolas Cage and Tye Sheridan and centers on Joe Ransom, a hard-living, hot-tempered ex-con who becomes a fierce protector of a hard-luck kid who awakens a paternal instinct in the rough loser. It’s based on the novel by Larry Brown and premiered Monday. If I had to guess, I’d put my money on Lionsgate/Roadshow, but it’s premature at this moment to put a bow on this one. Stay tuned.
Toronto: Nicolas Cage-Starrer ‘Joe’ Pits Lionsgate/Roadside Against Magnolia
What's Hot on Deadline
Stephen Colbert: Donald Trump Looked Un-Prepared At Debate, Hillary Clinton Looked "Like Preparation H"
Hollywood Wastes No Time Responding To Donald & Hillary; Megyn Kelly & Rosie O'Donnell Get The Last Word, For Now
Latest Film News
- Oscars: Italy’s Foreign Language Entry ‘Fire At Sea’ Also Will Be Pushed In Documentary
- ‘Magnificent Seven’ Lassos $59.3M Worldwide & Record $34.7M U.S. Opening For Antoine Fuqua – Monday…
- Molly Parker, Miranda July & Newcomer Helena Howard Topline Indie Pic ‘Movie No. 1’
- L.A. OKs 17% Fee Hike For On-Location Fire Safety Officers
- Kyle Bornheimer Joins Netflix’s ‘Little Evil’; Mira Sorvino Goes ‘Behind The Glass’
- ‘Pacific Rim 2’ Adds ‘Emerald City’s Adria Arjona