The David Gordon Green-directed Joe is drawing a crowd. Lionsgate/Roadside Attractions has been the frontrunner all day in an auction held by CAA, with Magnolia and Sony Pictures Classics among those in the hunt. Right now, it’s between Lionsgate/Roadside Attractions and Magnolia as the bidding gets into the $2 million range. The film is a contemporary thriller that stars Nicolas Cage and Tye Sheridan and centers on Joe Ransom, a hard-living, hot-tempered ex-con who becomes a fierce protector of a hard-luck kid who awakens a paternal instinct in the rough loser. It’s based on the novel by Larry Brown and premiered Monday. If I had to guess, I’d put my money on Lionsgate/Roadshow, but it’s premature at this moment to put a bow on this one. Stay tuned.
Toronto: Nicolas Cage-Starrer ‘Joe’ Pits Lionsgate/Roadside Against Magnolia
What's Hot on Deadline
Arrow/Flash Superhero Team-Up Spinoff In Works At CW; Brandon Routh, Victor Garber, Wentworth Miller, Caity Lotz Star
Bill O'Reilly Victim Of "Orchestrated Campaign" Fox News Says As He Responds To One Of New Reports – Update
More From Fleming Jr
- A Third Robin Hood Script Enters The Fray; This By King Arthur Scribe Joby Harold
- Rob Letterman Doffs ‘Captain Underpants'; ‘Turbo’s David Soren Being Fitted For DWA Pic
- Will ‘The Crow’ Fly With Jack Huston?
- Marc Forster Sets Blake Lively, Jason Clarke For ‘All I See Is You’
- SPWA’s Faith Division AFFIRM Acquires ‘The Devil In Pew Number Seven’
- Samuel Goldwyn Acquires N.A. Rights On Viola Davis-Jennifer Lopez Pic ‘Lila And Eve’