The David Gordon Green-directed Joe is drawing a crowd. Lionsgate/Roadside Attractions has been the frontrunner all day in an auction held by CAA, with Magnolia and Sony Pictures Classics among those in the hunt. Right now, it’s between Lionsgate/Roadside Attractions and Magnolia as the bidding gets into the $2 million range. The film is a contemporary thriller that stars Nicolas Cage and Tye Sheridan and centers on Joe Ransom, a hard-living, hot-tempered ex-con who becomes a fierce protector of a hard-luck kid who awakens a paternal instinct in the rough loser. It’s based on the novel by Larry Brown and premiered Monday. If I had to guess, I’d put my money on Lionsgate/Roadshow, but it’s premature at this moment to put a bow on this one. Stay tuned.
Toronto: Nicolas Cage-Starrer ‘Joe’ Pits Lionsgate/Roadside Against Magnolia
What's Hot on Deadline
Bruce Lee-Inspired Crime Drama ‘Warrior’ From Justin Lin & 'Banshee' Co-Creator Gets Cinemax Pilot Order
Latest Film News
- Venice: 'La La Land' Dazzles Lido As Film Festival Kicks Off With A Twirl
- WME Vet Cliff Roberts Exiting; Will He End Up At CAA?
- Josh Hartnett In Talks To Star In Indie ‘A Moment To Remember’
- ‘Underground’ Exec Producer Mike Jackson On Challenging “Homogeneous” Hollywood & Having John Legend As A…
- Tao Okamoto, Japanese Pop Star Kihiro, And Haruka Abe Cast In ‘She’s Just A Shadow’
- ‘Insidious: Chapter 4’ Rounds Out Final Cast