The David Gordon Green-directed Joe is drawing a crowd. Lionsgate/Roadside Attractions has been the frontrunner all day in an auction held by CAA, with Magnolia and Sony Pictures Classics among those in the hunt. Right now, it’s between Lionsgate/Roadside Attractions and Magnolia as the bidding gets into the $2 million range. The film is a contemporary thriller that stars Nicolas Cage and Tye Sheridan and centers on Joe Ransom, a hard-living, hot-tempered ex-con who becomes a fierce protector of a hard-luck kid who awakens a paternal instinct in the rough loser. It’s based on the novel by Larry Brown and premiered Monday. If I had to guess, I’d put my money on Lionsgate/Roadshow, but it’s premature at this moment to put a bow on this one. Stay tuned.
Toronto: Nicolas Cage-Starrer ‘Joe’ Pits Lionsgate/Roadside Against Magnolia
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Chris Pratt Circles 'Cowboy Ninja Viking'
- EuropaCorp Seeing Red; Bolsters Film Slate, Ups Lisa Ellzey To Film Prexy
- 'Doctor Who's Matt Smith In 'Patient Zero'
- Penelope Cruz Catwalks To 'Zoolander 2;' Will 'Dumber To' Empower Silly Sequels?
- Benedict Cumberbatch Time's Cover Boy
- Paul Greengrass Eyes George Orwell's '1984'; 'Finding Neverland's James Graham To Write Script