Looks like NBC‘s struggling new Million Second Quiz was making a last-ditch stab for momentum when the game show invited Jeopardy! trivia champ Ken Jennings to sit in its “Money Chair.” But an hour after NBC called Jennings Saturday morning to appear in NYC on Monday, they backtracked on their offer, he blogged: “I sent in some paperwork and had a plane ticket in my inbox by the time I sat down to brunch with my family. But an hour later, as the server was clearing our plates, my phone rang again. It was casting. There had been a ‘miscommunication.’ The network, for unspecified reasons, was not willing to fly ‘trivia champions’ in for the show… I could fly myself to New York if I like, they said. I wouldn’t even have to wait in line. I told them thanks but no thanks and went back into the restaurant, a little relieved that I wasn’t going to have to miss the Seahawks-Niners game tomorrow after all.” The Ryan Seacrest-hosted nightly show has only been spiraling in the ratings since its September 9 debut. NBC has yet to respond to requests for comment.
‘Jeopardy!’ Champ Ken Jennings Invited, Disinvited To NBC’s ‘Million Second Quiz’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'Sleepy Hollow' Heads To Hulu Plus
- Courtney B. Vance & James Remar Join 'State Of Affairs'; Jennifer Healy Takes 'Selfie'
- Relativity Teams With Jonathan Goldstein and John Francis Daley On 'All Day And A Night'
- EMMYS: Mindy Kaling, Liev Schreiber, Kate Walsh & More Join Presenters List
- Damon Lindelof Pens 'Lost'-Themed Episode Of 'Phineas And Ferb'
- Paramount Sets October 'Men, Women & Children' Dates