Looks like NBC‘s struggling new Million Second Quiz was making a last-ditch stab for momentum when the game show invited Jeopardy! trivia champ Ken Jennings to sit in its “Money Chair.” But an hour after NBC called Jennings Saturday morning to appear in NYC on Monday, they backtracked on their offer, he blogged: “I sent in some paperwork and had a plane ticket in my inbox by the time I sat down to brunch with my family. But an hour later, as the server was clearing our plates, my phone rang again. It was casting. There had been a ‘miscommunication.’ The network, for unspecified reasons, was not willing to fly ‘trivia champions’ in for the show… I could fly myself to New York if I like, they said. I wouldn’t even have to wait in line. I told them thanks but no thanks and went back into the restaurant, a little relieved that I wasn’t going to have to miss the Seahawks-Niners game tomorrow after all.” The Ryan Seacrest-hosted nightly show has only been spiraling in the ratings since its September 9 debut. NBC has yet to respond to requests for comment.
‘Jeopardy!’ Champ Ken Jennings Invited, Disinvited To NBC’s ‘Million Second Quiz’
What's Hot on Deadline
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
Donald Trump Tweets Sen. Gillibrand Offered To "Do Anything" When "Begging" For Campaign Contributions
Latest TV News
- SXSW Announces Lyor Cohen As Keynote, ‘This Is Us’, ‘The Chi’ Cast & Creators As Featured Speakers
- ‘Caught In Providence’ Court Show Picked Up By Fox Stations For Fall 2018
- Keaton Jones’ Mom On Confederate Flag: “We’re Not Racist”, She Tells Morning News Shows
- BritBox Steals March On SVOD Rivals With ‘Vera’ Deal
- Sen. Gillibrand Responds To Donald Trump’s Vulgar Tweet: “You Cannot Silence Me”
- Donald Trump Tweets Sen. Gillibrand Offered To “Do Anything” When “Begging” For Campaign Contributions