Looks like NBC‘s struggling new Million Second Quiz was making a last-ditch stab for momentum when the game show invited Jeopardy! trivia champ Ken Jennings to sit in its “Money Chair.” But an hour after NBC called Jennings Saturday morning to appear in NYC on Monday, they backtracked on their offer, he blogged: “I sent in some paperwork and had a plane ticket in my inbox by the time I sat down to brunch with my family. But an hour later, as the server was clearing our plates, my phone rang again. It was casting. There had been a ‘miscommunication.’ The network, for unspecified reasons, was not willing to fly ‘trivia champions’ in for the show… I could fly myself to New York if I like, they said. I wouldn’t even have to wait in line. I told them thanks but no thanks and went back into the restaurant, a little relieved that I wasn’t going to have to miss the Seahawks-Niners game tomorrow after all.” The Ryan Seacrest-hosted nightly show has only been spiraling in the ratings since its September 9 debut. NBC has yet to respond to requests for comment.
‘Jeopardy!’ Champ Ken Jennings Invited, Disinvited To NBC’s ‘Million Second Quiz’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Captain America: Civil War' To Break Out In The U.S.; Looks To Defeat 'Ultron's $191M+ Debut - Box Office Preview
'Captain America: Civil War' Grabs $200.4M In Debut; 'Jungle Book' A Beast, And With 'Zootopia' Disney Has $1.24B From Three Titles - Int'l Box Office Final
Donald Trump Drums Ted Cruz Out Of Race, Praises Him As "One Hell Of A Competitor" with "Amazing Future"
Latest TV News
- ‘The Path’ Renewed For Season 2 By Hulu
- A+E Networks Pacts With Pulse Films, East Entertainment For Intl Distribution
- FCC Approves Altice’s $17.7B Acquisition Of Cablevision Citing Absence Of Harms
- Ted Cruz Drops Out Of White House Race After Donald Trump Mows Him Down In Indiana Primary – UPDATE
- Deadline’s The Contenders Emmys Video: Hulu’s ‘Casual’ Takes Its Tales Of Dating Woes From Real…
- ‘Peaky Blinders’ Season 3 Gets Netflix U.S. Debut Date