Looks like NBC‘s struggling new Million Second Quiz was making a last-ditch stab for momentum when the game show invited Jeopardy! trivia champ Ken Jennings to sit in its “Money Chair.” But an hour after NBC called Jennings Saturday morning to appear in NYC on Monday, they backtracked on their offer, he blogged: “I sent in some paperwork and had a plane ticket in my inbox by the time I sat down to brunch with my family. But an hour later, as the server was clearing our plates, my phone rang again. It was casting. There had been a ‘miscommunication.’ The network, for unspecified reasons, was not willing to fly ‘trivia champions’ in for the show… I could fly myself to New York if I like, they said. I wouldn’t even have to wait in line. I told them thanks but no thanks and went back into the restaurant, a little relieved that I wasn’t going to have to miss the Seahawks-Niners game tomorrow after all.” The Ryan Seacrest-hosted nightly show has only been spiraling in the ratings since its September 9 debut. NBC has yet to respond to requests for comment.
‘Jeopardy!’ Champ Ken Jennings Invited, Disinvited To NBC’s ‘Million Second Quiz’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Simon & Schuster Cancels Milo Yiannopoulos 'Dangerous' Book Deal After Conservative Blog Digs Up Old Interview
Latest TV News
- Harold Lloyd Pics To Be Animated; INTV Adds Li Ruigang Keynote – Global Briefs
- Seth Meyers: Donald Trump’s Past Few Years In Office Have Only Been One Month
- ‘Timeless’ Season Finale: Shawn Ryan On Big Twist & Reset For Potential Season 2
- ‘Timeless’ Awaits Renewal Decision By NBC As Season 1 Ends: Is It Out Of Time?
- Conan O’Brien Makes Guest Appearance On Mexican Telenovela ‘Mi Adorable Maldición’
- Brenda Buttner Dies: Fox News ‘Bulls And Bears’ Host Was 55