Looks like NBC‘s struggling new Million Second Quiz was making a last-ditch stab for momentum when the game show invited Jeopardy! trivia champ Ken Jennings to sit in its “Money Chair.” But an hour after NBC called Jennings Saturday morning to appear in NYC on Monday, they backtracked on their offer, he blogged: “I sent in some paperwork and had a plane ticket in my inbox by the time I sat down to brunch with my family. But an hour later, as the server was clearing our plates, my phone rang again. It was casting. There had been a ‘miscommunication.’ The network, for unspecified reasons, was not willing to fly ‘trivia champions’ in for the show… I could fly myself to New York if I like, they said. I wouldn’t even have to wait in line. I told them thanks but no thanks and went back into the restaurant, a little relieved that I wasn’t going to have to miss the Seahawks-Niners game tomorrow after all.” The Ryan Seacrest-hosted nightly show has only been spiraling in the ratings since its September 9 debut. NBC has yet to respond to requests for comment.
‘Jeopardy!’ Champ Ken Jennings Invited, Disinvited To NBC’s ‘Million Second Quiz’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Ellen DeGeneres Clocks Biggest Opening Week Yet For Her Daytime Talk Show
- J.J. Abrams To Receive VES Society's Visionary Award
- Elisabeth Moss Joins Cast Of 'Truth', Pic Based On Rathergate Scandal
- Broad Green Finds 'Eden', Music Box Jams With 'Mekons'
- Riley Keough To Topline Steven Soderbergh's 'The Girlfriend Experience' On Starz
- 'Fishing Without Nets' Trailer: Somali Pirate Drama