EXCLUSIVE: In a competitive situation with multiple networks bidding, CBS has nabbed a multi-camera family comedy from comedy veterans Jeff Astrof (Grounded For Life) and Scrubs and Cougar Town creator Bill Lawrence with a put pilot commitment. Written by Astrof, Middlescence centers on a married couple that struggles to raise four adolescents: their two kids, her older brother and his mother. Warner Bros. TV and Lawrence’s studio-based Doozer Prods. are producing, with Astrof and Doozer’s Lawrence and Jeff Ingold executive producing. The family comedy stems from Astrof’s relationship with Lawrence, Doozer and Warners on the upcoming TBS comedy Ground Floor, co-created/executive produced by Lawrence. In June, Astrof, repped by ICM Partners and Michael Gendler, was brought in as executive producer/showrunner of the series in a deal that also included a two-script development deal with Warner Bros. TV. This marks the first sale this season for ICM-repped Doozer, which has four series on the air, returning Cougar Town on TBS and upcoming Ground Floor on TBS, Surviving Jack on Fox and Undateable on NBC.
Jeff Astrof/Bill Lawrence Family Comedy Lands At CBS With Put Pilot Commitment
What's Hot on Deadline
DGA Awards: Alejandro G. Iñárritu Wins Feature Film Award For 'The Revenant'; HBO Cleans Up With Wins For 'Game Of Thrones', 'Veep' & 'Bessie' - Full List
'Kung Fu Panda 3' Does Touchdown Dance With $21M As Super Bowl Weekend Slaughters 'Zombies', 'Choice': Sunday B.O.
DGA Awards: Inarritu's Big Win Gives Momentum To 'Revenant' But Keeps Best Picture Race In The Undecided Column
'Revenant', 'Martian' & More In Global Milestones; 'Kung Fu Panda' Tops $100M In China - Intl Box Office Update
Latest TV News
- President Obama, Scott Kelly, Chewbacca Help Stephen Colbert Opens First Live ‘Late Show’ Post-Super Bowl
- Peter Farrelly Directs CBS All Access Super Bowl Promo
- Jazzed Coldplay, Bruno Mars & Beyonce Harmonize At Super Bowl 50 Halftime Show – Review
- ‘The Good Wife’ To End This Spring After Seven Seasons
- Barack Obama Wins Soft Bowl With CBS’ Gayle King In Super Bowl Interview
- ABC’s GOP Debate Wins Saturday, Draws 13.2 Million Viewers