EXCLUSIVE: Sherlock Holmes star Jared Harris has nabbed a lead role in MGM and Fox 2000’s Poltergeist reboot. Harris will play Carrigan, a larger than life TV personality who left the world of academia behind to become the star host of basic cable TV show Haunted House Cleaners. Gil Kenan is directing from a script by David Lindsay-Abaire reimagining the 1982 Tobe Hooper horror classic. Rosemarie DeWitt was cast in the pic in July. Recent Harris credits include his stint on AMC’s Mad Men as Lane Pryce, his role as Ulysses S. Grant in Steven Spielberg’s Lincoln, and Screen Gems’ The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones. He appears next in Hammer & Liongate’s The Quiet Ones, FilmDistrict’s Pompeii, and Laika’s stop motion pic The Boxtrolls and will reunite with Sherlock Holmes helmer Guy Ritchie in WB’s The Man from U.N.C.L.E.. Harris is represented by Paradigm, Gateway Management and Independent in the U.K.
Jared Harris Joins ‘Poltergeist’ Reboot
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Jennifer Aniston May Be On The Fast Track To Oscar As Awards Groups Shower Her With Best Actress Nominations
More From Yamato
- Sony Chief “Disappointed” By Obama Rebuke, Hollywood's Cowed Silence
- Fox International Ups Kieran Breen To Marketing President Post
- Sony Hack: BitTorrent Offers To Distribute 'The Interview' On Its Bundle Service
- Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: “We Had No Choice,” Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
- DGA Stands By 'The Interview' Directors, Calls On Feds To Protect Hollywood
- Aaron Sorkin Still In Bed With John Edwards Exposé 'The Politician'