EXCLUSIVE: Sherlock Holmes star Jared Harris has nabbed a lead role in MGM and Fox 2000’s Poltergeist reboot. Harris will play Carrigan, a larger than life TV personality who left the world of academia behind to become the star host of basic cable TV show Haunted House Cleaners. Gil Kenan is directing from a script by David Lindsay-Abaire reimagining the 1982 Tobe Hooper horror classic. Rosemarie DeWitt was cast in the pic in July. Recent Harris credits include his stint on AMC’s Mad Men as Lane Pryce, his role as Ulysses S. Grant in Steven Spielberg’s Lincoln, and Screen Gems’ The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones. He appears next in Hammer & Liongate’s The Quiet Ones, FilmDistrict’s Pompeii, and Laika’s stop motion pic The Boxtrolls and will reunite with Sherlock Holmes helmer Guy Ritchie in WB’s The Man from U.N.C.L.E.. Harris is represented by Paradigm, Gateway Management and Independent in the U.K.
Jared Harris Joins ‘Poltergeist’ Reboot
What's Hot on Deadline
No Obama Bounce For DNC Day 3 Ratings As They Fall Behind RNC, 'Wayward Pines' Finale Down From 2015
Latest Film News
- Thiller ‘Here and Gone’ Lands At Random House Studio In First Project With China’s Meridian; James Schamus…
- ‘Masterminds’ Trailer: What Could Be Simpler Than A Multimillion-Dollar Heist?
- Vin Diesel Nearing 100M On Facebook But Females Are Top 2016 Social Media Stars
- DGA Sets 2017 Awards Schedule
- ‘The Accountant’ Trailer #2: Ben Affleck & The World’s Scariest Pocket Protector
- Nick Jonas In Talks To Join ‘Jumanji’ Movie