After ankling many of his European board seats in the wake of the phone-hacking scandal at News Corp’s UK press arm, James Murdoch has been elected Chairman of the supervisory board of Sky Deutschland. The exec, and son of Rupert, had originally been appointed as a member of Sky Deutschland’s board last April as News Corp began to raise his profile. The German pay-TV group is 54.8% owned by 21st Century Fox, of which Murdoch is Deputy Chief Operating Officer, Chairman and CEO, International. Via the board chairmanship that begins tomorrow, Murdoch is replacing 21st Century Fox President and COO Chase Carey who had been chairman since July 2010. Carey will remain a member of the board. “Mr. Murdoch has built a track record of bringing innovation to the global television business and choice to customers across Europe and Asia,” Sky Deutschland said today.
James Murdoch Named Chairman Of Sky Deutschland’s Supervisory Board
What's Hot on Deadline
'Star Trek' TV Reboot Title & Teaser Unveiled At Comic-Con; New Series "Won't Be Episodic", Bryan Fuller Says
Sable Ranch, Popular Film & TV Location, Destroyed By Wildfire; Disney's Golden Oak Ranch "OK", LAFD Says - Update
Sly Stallone Confirmed, Star Lord's Parents' Sex Life Discussed In Hilarious 'Guardians Of The Galaxy 2' Trailer - Comic-Con
Cristina Ferrare Out, Replaced By Debbie Matenopoulos As Co-Host Of Hallmark Channel's 'Home & Family'
'Star Trek Beyond' $30M Debut; 'Lights Out' $8.3M; 'Ice Age' Franchise Crosses $3B To Best 'Shrek'; China Loves 'Skiptrace' - Int'l Box Office Sunday
Latest International News
- Alibaba Pictures Launching $300 Million Investment Fund
- Chinese Authorities Crack Down On Online News Reporting
- Nuremberg Blast Kills One, Injures 12; Fourth Attack On Southern Germany In A Week
- Canada’s Arcana Studios & China’s Yisang Media Team For Toon Feature ‘Pandy’ – Comic-Con
- ‘Star Trek Beyond’ $30M Debut; ‘Lights Out’ $8.3M; ‘Ice Age’ Franchise Crosses $3B To Best ‘Shrek’; China Loves ‘Skiptrace’ – Int…
- RealD's 3D Projection Patents Upheld By U.S. International Trade Org