Isaiah Washington, whose run on Grey’s Anatomy ended when he got caught up in a scandal in which cast mates said had used homophobic slurs, has just finished Blackbird, a film by writer/director Patrik-Ian Polk. Washington plays the sympathetic father of a talented teen singer who is gay and struggling with it in a small Southern Baptist town. Washington produced with Polk and Carol Ann Shine with Keith Brown the exec producer. Washington, repped by Inqlusion Entertainment and Anderson & Smith, is getting strong reviews for the Alexander Moors-directed Blue Caprice, which premiered at Sundance and gets released this week by IFC, and he recently starred in the SXSW film They Die By Dawn. He is also developing a reality-based sports and outdoor adventure show with Wayne Hubbard and Candice Price’s Urban American Adventures brand.
Isaiah Washington Turns It Around With ‘Blackbird’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Patrick Carman Kids Book 'Floors' To Disney With Jason Filardi Writing
- Screen Gems Buys 'Pride And Prejudice And Zombies,' Pic Adds 'Game Of Thrones' Stars
- 'Rosie Project' Has Lord & Miller Circling To Helm Neustadter & Weber Script
- 'Divergent's Neil Burger To Helm Spy Thriller 'All The Old Knives'
- Don't We Want '70s-Style Adult Thrillers Like 'A Walk Among The Tombstones'? A Chat With Scott Frank
- Newbie Picture Company On The Case For 'Tracking Of A Russian Spy'