Pantelion Films’ Instructions Not Included today becomes the highest grossing Spanish Language film ever released in the U.S., according to distributor Lionsgate. With this weekend’s estimate of $3.38 million, the breakout family comedy/drama has a cume of $38.567M in its 5th weekend at the American box office. Starring and directed by Eugenio Derbez, the pic has passed Pan’s Labyrinth‘s $37.6M as the new record holder. It’s also the 4th biggest grossing foreign language film ever in the U.S., behind only Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (Taiwan), Life is Beautiful (Italy), and Hero (China). Meanwhile, Instructions Not Included has yet to be released in Canada. Word of mouth spread due to its ‘A+’ CinemaScore, and Instructions Not Included expanded its U.S. run to target crossover audiences. Made for a $5M budget and acquired by Pantelion, it was the big story coming out of Labor Day Weekend for the best-ever domestic debut for a Spanish language film. Pantelion Films is a joint venture between Lionsgate and Mexico’s media powerhouse Televisa with plans for 8-to-10 films per year.
‘Instructions Not Included’ Sets Spanish Language Box Office Record For U.S.
What's Hot on Deadline
'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' Eyeing $95M-$100M Opening Day After Thursday Night Previews Hit $45M - Update
Peter Jackson Confirms Ashley Judd & Mira Sorvino Claims Harvey Weinstein Blacklisted Them From 'LOTR'
Latest Film News
- Sundance 2018: RuPaul Heading To Park City For ‘Drag Race’ Retrospective & Award Juror Role
- Harvey Weinstein Denies Peter Jackson’s Assertion He Blacklisted Ashley Judd & Mira Sorvino
- ‘The Shape Of Water’s’ Guillermo Del Toro Ranks His Favorite Del Toro Films, But Says “I Would Die For Each Of My 10 Movies”…
- Tyson Ritter Cast In ‘Peppermint’, ‘Gloria’ & More
- Disney-Fox Deal: 5,000 To 10,000 Jobs Will Likely Be Shed: Analyst
- Star Wars? Bill Pullman, Jim Caviezel & Kathy Baker Team For 'The Ballad of Lefty Brown' – Specialty B.O. Preview