Insidious and Insidious: Chapter 2 screenwriter Leigh Whannell will return to pen a third installment of the hit horror franchise for Blumhouse Productions, Entertainment One, FilmDistrict, and Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions. Conspicuously absent from today’s threequel announcement is Whannell’s longtime collaborator James Wan, who helmed both Insidious pics including last weekend’s record-breaking $41M opener sequel. Wan just began filming on Universal’s Fast & Furious 7, graduating to the big budgeted blockbuster after directing genre fare including the original Saw, Death Sentence, the microbudgeted Insidious franchise, and this year’s #1 horror opener The Conjuring. Jason Blum will produce the third Insidious pic for Blumhouse Productions with Oren Peli (Paranormal Activity). Steven Schneider, Brian Kavanaugh Jones, Peter Schlessel, Lia Buman and Xavier Marchand are executive producing. Patrick Wilson, Rose Byrne, Lin Shaye, Ty Simpkins, and Barbara Hershey reprised their roles in Insidious: Chapter 2 which continued the saga of the haunted Lambert family and left the door open for further supernatural sequels. Whannell is repped by Paradigm.
‘Insidious’ Chapter 3 A Go With Leigh Whannell Set To Write
What's Hot on Deadline
Bruce Lee-Inspired Crime Drama ‘Warrior’ From Justin Lin & 'Banshee' Co-Creator Gets Cinemax Pilot Order
Latest Film News
- Participant Media Wins Auction For Rupert Wyatt’s ‘Captive State’
- Emma Stone Hopes ‘La La Land’ Will Inspire Young People To Ditch Cynicism – Venice
- Venice: 'La La Land' Dazzles Lido As Film Festival Kicks Off With A Twirl
- ‘La La Land’ Venice Review: A Gorgeous Musical Romance For This Age – And The Ages
- WME Vet Cliff Roberts Exiting; Will He End Up At CAA?
- Josh Hartnett In Talks To Star In Indie ‘A Moment To Remember’