True Detective, HBO‘s upcoming eight-episode drama series starring Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughey, will debut in January, the network said today. The project centers on detectives Rust Cohle (McConaughey) and Martin Hart (Harrelson), whose lives collide and entwine during a 17-year hunt for a serial killer in Louisiana. The investigation of a bizarre murder in 1995 is framed and interlaced with testimony from the detectives in 2012, when the case was reopened. The first trailer for the series will air this Sunday before the season premiere of Boardwalk Empire.
HBO’s ‘True Detective’ To Premiere In January
What's Hot on Deadline
‘Boyhood’, 'Grand Budapest', 'Lego Movie' Score Big At 65th ACE Eddie Awards -- Complete Winners List
Bryan Cranston & David Shore's ‘Sneaky Pete’, Civil Rights Crime Drama From Rene Balcer Get CBS Pilot Orders
More From Andreeva
- Bryan Cranston & David Shore’s 'Sneaky Pete', Civil Rights Crime Drama From Rene Balcer Get CBS Pilot Orders
- Johnny Knoxville, Jermaine Fowler Projects, NBA Buddy Show Among 7 ABC Comedy Pilot Orders
- ABC Picks Up 4 Drama Pilots
- Busy Philipps Joins HBO Comedy Series 'Vice Principals'
- Medical Drama ‘LFE’ Gets CBS Pilot Order
- Idina Menzel To Star In ‘Happy Time’ Comedy Produced By Ellen DeGeneres