True Detective, HBO‘s upcoming eight-episode drama series starring Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughey, will debut in January, the network said today. The project centers on detectives Rust Cohle (McConaughey) and Martin Hart (Harrelson), whose lives collide and entwine during a 17-year hunt for a serial killer in Louisiana. The investigation of a bizarre murder in 1995 is framed and interlaced with testimony from the detectives in 2012, when the case was reopened. The first trailer for the series will air this Sunday before the season premiere of Boardwalk Empire.
HBO’s ‘True Detective’ To Premiere In January
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Donald Trump Praises Newt Gingrich For Telling Megyn Kelly She’s Fascinated With Sex
- Stana Katic Poised To Star In Thriller Drama Series ‘Absentia’ For Sony’s AXN
- Hollywood Research Firm MarketCast Sold To Kohlberg & Co.
- World Series Ratings Up For Game 1 On Fox; Most Shows Hold Up Well Against It
- AwesomenessTV & Verizon Hire Ex-Uni TV Head Of Drama Russell Rothberg As SVP
- LAPD Has “No Suspects” In Donald Trump’s Walk Of Fame Star Destruction