True Detective, HBO‘s upcoming eight-episode drama series starring Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughey, will debut in January, the network said today. The project centers on detectives Rust Cohle (McConaughey) and Martin Hart (Harrelson), whose lives collide and entwine during a 17-year hunt for a serial killer in Louisiana. The investigation of a bizarre murder in 1995 is framed and interlaced with testimony from the detectives in 2012, when the case was reopened. The first trailer for the series will air this Sunday before the season premiere of Boardwalk Empire.
HBO’s ‘True Detective’ To Premiere In January
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill Maher Under Gun Over Late-'90s Video Condoning Sex Between 33-Year-Old Teacher And 12-Year-Old Student
Latest TV News
- ‘How To Get Away With Murder’ Season Finale: Killer Revealed, New Puzzle Posed
- Stephen Colbert Opens ‘Late Show’ With Message To Donald Trump From Bathroom Signs
- ‘Nashville’ Star Exits In Tragic Plot Twist, Reflects On 4.5-Season Run & Its End
- ‘Tonight Show’ Reveals How Donald Trump’s Staff Gathers Flattering News Footage
- Caitlyn Jenner Scolds Donald Trump For Revoking Transgender Protections – Update
- Lea Michele Cast In ABC Mayor Comedy Pilot; What About ‘Scream Queens’?