Just over two weeks after the Prohibition Era series’ Season 4 debut, HBO announced today that Boardwalk Empire will be back for a fifth season. “Thanks to Terry Winter, Martin Scorsese, Tim Van Patten, Howard Korder and their stellar team, Boardwalk Empire remains in a class by itself,” said Michael Lombardo, president, HBO Programming in a statement Thursday.“I look forward to another electrifying season of this impeccably crafted series.” The Steve Buscemi-starring series recently picked up 5 Emmy Awards this year, including an Outstanding Supporting Actor win for Bobby Cannavale. Those 5 wins were the most for any series this year.
HBO Renews ‘Boardwalk Empire’ For 5th Season
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest TV News
- Tig Notaro On Louis C.K. Scandal: The Only Positive Is “Victims Were Not Told They’re Lying”
- Charles Manson: Finally, Death Gets One Right
- Sarah Silverman: We Need To “Try To Understand” What’s Behind Sexual Harassment
- American Music Awards 2017 Winners: Diana Ross, Bruno Mars, Lady Gaga Take Top Honors
- Read Weinstein Bidder Maria Contreras-Sweet’s Pitch: $275 Million And Female-Centric Leadership
- PBS Cuts Al Franken From David Letterman’s Mark Twain Prize Broadcast