Just over two weeks after the Prohibition Era series’ Season 4 debut, HBO announced today that Boardwalk Empire will be back for a fifth season. “Thanks to Terry Winter, Martin Scorsese, Tim Van Patten, Howard Korder and their stellar team, Boardwalk Empire remains in a class by itself,” said Michael Lombardo, president, HBO Programming in a statement Thursday.“I look forward to another electrifying season of this impeccably crafted series.” The Steve Buscemi-starring series recently picked up 5 Emmy Awards this year, including an Outstanding Supporting Actor win for Bobby Cannavale. Those 5 wins were the most for any series this year.
HBO Renews ‘Boardwalk Empire’ For 5th Season
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Latest TV News
- Sony Pictures TV Taps PMK-BNC Exec Stacy Weitz As VP Communications
- Fox News Dominates But Down In August, CNN No. 2 In News Demo While MSNBC Takes Total Viewers
- Bruce Lee-Inspired Crime Drama 'Warrior' From Justin Lin & ‘Banshee’ Co-Creator Gets Cinemax Pilot Order
- Deadline Advisory: TV Ratings Delayed
- Viacom To Rebrand MTV Hits As NickMusic
- 'G.L.O.W.': Betty Gilpin To Co-Star In Netflix’s 1980s Wrestling Comedy Series