ABC has handed a script commitment with significant penalty to The Good Thief’s Guide, a drama series project from Bones creator/executive producer Hart Hanson and Andrew Miller. Based on the bestselling book series by British author Chris Ewan, it follows the charming and unpredictable Charlie Howard as he travels the world, blogging about his adventures… while stealing for fun and profit. Each season is set in a new exotic city and centers around one perfect heist that usually turns into a tangled web of lies and double crosses. 20th Century Fox TV, where Hanson is under an overall deal, is producing, with Hanson and Miller executive producing. Last development season, Hanson wrote another book adaptation, drama Backstrom, which is still in contention at CBS. Hanson is with WME and Jeanne Newman; Miller with WME, Matt Johnson and Jamie Affifi.
Hart Hanson & Andrew Miller To Adapt ‘Good Thief’s Guide’ Books As ABC Drama
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Keeps B.O. Treasure From 'Tomb Raider'; How 'I Can Only Imagine' Hit A $17M High Note
Ellen Barkin Says "Never Get Into An Elevator Alone With Terry Gilliam" After His Criticism Of #MeToo Movement
'SNL': Anderson Cooper Addresses White House Firings; John Goodman & Fred Armisen Make Surprise Visits
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
Latest TV News
- Desilu Exploring U.S. Public Offering After Acquisition Of Israel’s Vonetize: Report
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Rise With Host Bill Hader
- ‘SNL’ Imagines #MeToo Apology Spree By “Canada’s Harvey Weinstein,” Trots Out Impressions In ‘Jurassic…
- Paramount’s ‘Dora The Explorer’ Movie Set For Australia Shoot After Tax Break Concession
- ‘SNL’: Anderson Cooper Addresses White House Firings; John Goodman & Fred Armisen Make Surprise Visits
- ‘Will & Grace’ Cast React To Season 3 Renewal; Talk Favorite Guest Stars