ABC has handed a script commitment with significant penalty to The Good Thief’s Guide, a drama series project from Bones creator/executive producer Hart Hanson and Andrew Miller. Based on the bestselling book series by British author Chris Ewan, it follows the charming and unpredictable Charlie Howard as he travels the world, blogging about his adventures… while stealing for fun and profit. Each season is set in a new exotic city and centers around one perfect heist that usually turns into a tangled web of lies and double crosses. 20th Century Fox TV, where Hanson is under an overall deal, is producing, with Hanson and Miller executive producing. Last development season, Hanson wrote another book adaptation, drama Backstrom, which is still in contention at CBS. Hanson is with WME and Jeanne Newman; Miller with WME, Matt Johnson and Jamie Affifi.
Hart Hanson & Andrew Miller To Adapt ‘Good Thief’s Guide’ Books As ABC Drama
What's Hot on Deadline
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
'Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle' Review: Dwayne Johnson, Kevin Hart & Jack Black Are In The Game, But Laughs Don't Come Easily
Latest TV News
- ‘Twin Peaks’: Kyle MacLachlan Responds To Landing Golden Globe Nomination 26 Years After Winning For…
- Fareed Zakaria To Conan: Donald Trump Has Taken Over Media
- Jimmy Kimmel And Billy Blast Congress For Holding CHIP Hostage In Bid To Seal Billionaire Tax Cuts
- Stephen Colbert To Would-Be Times Square Bomber: “Seriously?”
- Netflix Inks Int’l Distribution Deal For NBC's 'Good Girls': Inside New Model That Partners the SVOD Giant With…
- Steve Edwards Out At ‘Good Day LA’ After 20-Plus Years