ABC has handed a script commitment with significant penalty to The Good Thief’s Guide, a drama series project from Bones creator/executive producer Hart Hanson and Andrew Miller. Based on the bestselling book series by British author Chris Ewan, it follows the charming and unpredictable Charlie Howard as he travels the world, blogging about his adventures… while stealing for fun and profit. Each season is set in a new exotic city and centers around one perfect heist that usually turns into a tangled web of lies and double crosses. 20th Century Fox TV, where Hanson is under an overall deal, is producing, with Hanson and Miller executive producing. Last development season, Hanson wrote another book adaptation, drama Backstrom, which is still in contention at CBS. Hanson is with WME and Jeanne Newman; Miller with WME, Matt Johnson and Jamie Affifi.
Hart Hanson & Andrew Miller To Adapt ‘Good Thief’s Guide’ Books As ABC Drama
Trending Now on Deadline
Ryan Murphy & His 'Glee' Co-Creators Get Fox Series Order For Comedy-Horror Anthology 'Scream Queens'
Alamo Drafthouse's Tim League: Make A Place For Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, And Film Stock In Digital Future
More From Andreeva
- Resolution Agent Jennifer Good Goes To Paradigm
- Leslie Jones Named 'Saturday Night Live' Cast Member
- Rainn Wilson To Produce Comedy Starring Vine Favorites, Including Curtis Lepore & Jerry Purpdrank
- Wanda Sykes Signs With UTA
- Literary Manager Stephen Marks Exits Evolution For Rain Management Group
- 'Chrisley Knows Best' Picked Up For Season 3, Holiday Special By USA