ABC has handed a script commitment with significant penalty to The Good Thief’s Guide, a drama series project from Bones creator/executive producer Hart Hanson and Andrew Miller. Based on the bestselling book series by British author Chris Ewan, it follows the charming and unpredictable Charlie Howard as he travels the world, blogging about his adventures… while stealing for fun and profit. Each season is set in a new exotic city and centers around one perfect heist that usually turns into a tangled web of lies and double crosses. 20th Century Fox TV, where Hanson is under an overall deal, is producing, with Hanson and Miller executive producing. Last development season, Hanson wrote another book adaptation, drama Backstrom, which is still in contention at CBS. Hanson is with WME and Jeanne Newman; Miller with WME, Matt Johnson and Jamie Affifi.
Hart Hanson & Andrew Miller To Adapt ‘Good Thief’s Guide’ Books As ABC Drama
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'