ABC has handed a script commitment with significant penalty to The Good Thief’s Guide, a drama series project from Bones creator/executive producer Hart Hanson and Andrew Miller. Based on the bestselling book series by British author Chris Ewan, it follows the charming and unpredictable Charlie Howard as he travels the world, blogging about his adventures… while stealing for fun and profit. Each season is set in a new exotic city and centers around one perfect heist that usually turns into a tangled web of lies and double crosses. 20th Century Fox TV, where Hanson is under an overall deal, is producing, with Hanson and Miller executive producing. Last development season, Hanson wrote another book adaptation, drama Backstrom, which is still in contention at CBS. Hanson is with WME and Jeanne Newman; Miller with WME, Matt Johnson and Jamie Affifi.
Hart Hanson & Andrew Miller To Adapt ‘Good Thief’s Guide’ Books As ABC Drama
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Ant-Man' Scribes Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari Join 'Transformers' Writers Room: Cybertron Pic In Offing?
Latest TV News
- Michael King Dead: TV Exec Who Helped Launch ‘Oprah’ Show Was 66
- FIFA President Sepp Blatter Targeted As Visa, Coke Kick Up Pressure
- ABC Signs Talent Deal With NBA Pilot Star Blondy Baruti
- Kate Shepherd Named EVP Content At Contend
- Sky To Invest $20M In Milan Hub For Arts; Fremantle Picks Up Jude Law’s ‘The Young Pope': Global Briefs
- Former MTV Exec Joins CMT As SVP Communications