Guy Ritchie has set a new reunion with his Moriarty. Sherlock Holmes star Jared Harris (Mad Men) has joined Ritchie’s Man From U.N.C.L.E. for WB in the role of Sanders. Filming begins September 9 in England, Rome, and Naples. The big screen update of the 1960s TV series stars Man of Steel‘s Henry Cavill as CIA agent Napoleon Solo and The Lone Ranger‘s Armie Hammer as KGB operative Illya Kuryakin, who team up amidst the Cold War to stop a global criminal organization. Alicia Vikander, Elizabeth Debicki, and Hugh Grant as Waverly round out the cast. Ritchie and Lionel Wigram wrote the script and are producing via their Ritchie/Wigram Productions. John Davis and Steve Clark-Hall are also producing while David Dobkin is exec producer. Harris, repped by Paradigm and Independent Talent Group in the UK, is currently in theaters in Screen Gems’ The Mortal Instruments: City Of Bones. His upcoming releases include Hammer & Liongate’s The Quiet Ones, FilmDistrict’s Pompeii, and Laika’s stop motion pic The Boxtrolls.
Guy Ritchie’s ‘Man From U.N.C.L.E.’ Adds Jared Harris
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Renews & Expands 'Southern Charm', Sets More 'Shahs Of Sunset' & 'Million Dollar Listing New York'
Latest Film News
- STX Entertainment Partners With Toronto Company The Young Astronauts For Digital Content
- ‘Hummingbird’ Spec About Female Black-Ops Assassin Lands At Fundamental Films; ‘Battlefield 1’ Duo…
- ‘The Secret Life Of Pets’ Woofs It Past $500M At International Box Office
- ‘Inferno’ Getting Scorched At U.S. Box Office, But Overseas Hoping To Be Its Savior – Noon Update
- Sergei Bodrov To Direct ‘Samson And Delilah’ – AFM
- ‘Inferno’ Review: Tom Hanks’ Robert Langdon Back On The Run In Best Dan Brown Movie Yet