Guy Ritchie has set a new reunion with his Moriarty. Sherlock Holmes star Jared Harris (Mad Men) has joined Ritchie’s Man From U.N.C.L.E. for WB in the role of Sanders. Filming begins September 9 in England, Rome, and Naples. The big screen update of the 1960s TV series stars Man of Steel‘s Henry Cavill as CIA agent Napoleon Solo and The Lone Ranger‘s Armie Hammer as KGB operative Illya Kuryakin, who team up amidst the Cold War to stop a global criminal organization. Alicia Vikander, Elizabeth Debicki, and Hugh Grant as Waverly round out the cast. Ritchie and Lionel Wigram wrote the script and are producing via their Ritchie/Wigram Productions. John Davis and Steve Clark-Hall are also producing while David Dobkin is exec producer. Harris, repped by Paradigm and Independent Talent Group in the UK, is currently in theaters in Screen Gems’ The Mortal Instruments: City Of Bones. His upcoming releases include Hammer & Liongate’s The Quiet Ones, FilmDistrict’s Pompeii, and Laika’s stop motion pic The Boxtrolls.
Guy Ritchie’s ‘Man From U.N.C.L.E.’ Adds Jared Harris
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Brothers Grimsby': Trailer Or Titillating Clip "Shown" On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' – Which Works Better?
Four Studios Bidding On 'Gone Girl' Author Gillian Flynn's Short Story 'The Grownup': Hot Package Du Jour
Latest Film News
- Competition Drama ‘Alone In Berlin’ Acquired By Altitude, Picturehouse In UK
- Clémence Poésy In ‘Final Portrait’ Frame; TrustNordisk Contracts Ole Bornedal’s Next – Berlin
- Hot Berlin Titles: What Buyers Are Buzzing About At The EFM
- Jose Padilha In Negotiations To Direct ‘Entebbe’ For Working Title, Studiocanal – Berlin
- ‘Mother’s Day’ Trailer: Roberts, Aniston, Hudson & Sudeikis Celebrate Momhood
- Russell Simmons’ All Def Movie Awards Set To Brings Laughs & Honor Oscars Snubs