Guy Ritchie has set a new reunion with his Moriarty. Sherlock Holmes star Jared Harris (Mad Men) has joined Ritchie’s Man From U.N.C.L.E. for WB in the role of Sanders. Filming begins September 9 in England, Rome, and Naples. The big screen update of the 1960s TV series stars Man of Steel‘s Henry Cavill as CIA agent Napoleon Solo and The Lone Ranger‘s Armie Hammer as KGB operative Illya Kuryakin, who team up amidst the Cold War to stop a global criminal organization. Alicia Vikander, Elizabeth Debicki, and Hugh Grant as Waverly round out the cast. Ritchie and Lionel Wigram wrote the script and are producing via their Ritchie/Wigram Productions. John Davis and Steve Clark-Hall are also producing while David Dobkin is exec producer. Harris, repped by Paradigm and Independent Talent Group in the UK, is currently in theaters in Screen Gems’ The Mortal Instruments: City Of Bones. His upcoming releases include Hammer & Liongate’s The Quiet Ones, FilmDistrict’s Pompeii, and Laika’s stop motion pic The Boxtrolls.
Guy Ritchie’s ‘Man From U.N.C.L.E.’ Adds Jared Harris
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Hot Trailer: Jazz Docu 'Keep On Keepin' On'
- Sundance Institute Taps 10 For Docu Music And Sound Design Lab
- Brian Huskey Set For ABC's 'Selfie'; Rebecca Forsythe Joins 'Members Only'
- Relativity's 'Beyond The Lights' To Open 18th Urbanworld Fest
- Step Right Up For 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' Premiere Date
- Winona Ryder, Alfred Molina & Jon Bernthal Join HBO Miniseries 'Show Me A Hero'