Glee baddie Grant Gustin has landed his first major role, signing on to play Barry Allen aka The Flash on the CW’s proposed Arrow spinoff. He will appear in three episodes of Arrow this coming season before headlining his own spinoff series. Written by Arrow co-creators Greg Berlanti and Andrew Kreisberg, the origin story of Flash’s Barry Allen identity will be introduced in episodes No. 8, No. 9 and No. 20, with David Nutter, who helmed the Arrow pilot, committed to directing Episode 20. Barry Allen (Gustin) is a Central City assistant police forensic investigator who arrives in Starling to look into a series of unexplained robberies that may have a connection to a tragedy in his past. A comic book fan boy, Barry is obsessed with the Arrow unaware that working with Oliver and Felicity to solve the crime has brought him right into the dangerous world of the vigilante. Kreisberg said last month that the actor who portrays Barry Allen will play him as “an ordinary man” when viewers meet him. “The character will be as grounded and realistic as possible,” he said. “That’s how we’ll get to know him. Then his life will get a bit faster.” Like Arrow star Stephen Amell, Gustin is a familiar CW face having recurred on the network’s 90210.
Grant Gustin Cast As CW’s The Flash
What's Hot on Deadline
Cannes 70th Bash: "Cinema Is With Manchester" Says Fest Boss; Guillermo del Toro Talks "Monsters...In Post-Truth Age"
Latest TV News
- Sean Hannity “I Am Not Discussing” DNC Staffer Murder Story “For Now”
- Jon Stewart & HBO Scrap His Digital Animated Series Project
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ Producer Sued After Tyra Banks “Physically Manipulated” Young Girl
- ‘The Last Ship’ Season 4 Gets August Premiere Date On TNT
- ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’ Creative Team Talks Going Beyond The Book – The Contenders Emmys Video
- Laura Bell Bundy Joins ‘Good Behavior’; ‘Zoo’ Casts Delon de Metz