Glee baddie Grant Gustin has landed his first major role, signing on to play Barry Allen aka The Flash on the CW’s proposed Arrow spinoff. He will appear in three episodes of Arrow this coming season before headlining his own spinoff series. Written by Arrow co-creators Greg Berlanti and Andrew Kreisberg, the origin story of Flash’s Barry Allen identity will be introduced in episodes No. 8, No. 9 and No. 20, with David Nutter, who helmed the Arrow pilot, committed to directing Episode 20. Barry Allen (Gustin) is a Central City assistant police forensic investigator who arrives in Starling to look into a series of unexplained robberies that may have a connection to a tragedy in his past. A comic book fan boy, Barry is obsessed with the Arrow unaware that working with Oliver and Felicity to solve the crime has brought him right into the dangerous world of the vigilante. Kreisberg said last month that the actor who portrays Barry Allen will play him as “an ordinary man” when viewers meet him. “The character will be as grounded and realistic as possible,” he said. “That’s how we’ll get to know him. Then his life will get a bit faster.” Like Arrow star Stephen Amell, Gustin is a familiar CW face having recurred on the network’s 90210.
Grant Gustin Cast As CW’s The Flash
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Adam Rothenberg To Star In ‘L.A. Crime'; Holley Fain Also Cast
- TV Pilot Locations 2015: New York Slips, Los Angeles & Vancouver Rebound
- Meta Golding, Colin Donnell, Monet Mazur Join NBC Pilot ‘Love Is A 4 Letter Word’
- Ray Winstone To Star In ABC Pilot ‘Of Kings And Prophets’
- Jon Dore Cast As Lead In ‘The Half Of It’ CBS Comedy Pilot
- Giovanni Ribisi To Play The Lead In Bryan Cranston-David Shore Pilot 'Sneaky Pete'