EXCLUSIVE: Olympus Has Fallen star Gerard Butler is in discussions to join Game Of Thrones’ Nikolaj Coster-Waldau in Gods Of Egypt, the Summit Entertainment film to be directed by Alex Proyas. The script was written by Burk Sharpless & Matt Sazama, the team behind Universal’s Dracula pic. I’m told Butler is in talks to play Set, a god of the desert, storms, and foreigners in ancient Egyptian religion. In Egyptian mythology, he killed and mutilated his own brother Osiris. Horus, the son of Osiris, sought revenge against Set for the killing of his father. Coster-Waldau will play Horus. They have both thrived in period macho turns, Butler in 300 and Coster-Waldau as Jamie Lannister in Game Of Thrones. Sounds like a good mano a mano match shaping up here if Butler’s deal closes. He’s repped by CAA and Alan Siegel Entertainment.
Gerard Butler Circling Summit’s ‘Gods Of Egypt’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Saturday: 'Guardians' No. 1 All-Star Lord; 'As Above/So Below' Best Of Newbies; 'Cantinflas' Still Strong
More From Fleming Jr
- Not So Fast On 'Hey Ho, Let's Go'
- 'Sons Of Anarchy's Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie's Choice For King Arthur
- Dark Day For Civility In Trade Journalism
- Steve Carell Reunites With Julianne Moore In 'Freeheld'
- Paradigm Signs Joe Johnston
- Sony Pictures Locks Tom Hanks, Ron Howard For April 'Inferno' Start