FX Networks has locked the cast for its romantic comedy pilot You’re The Worst. Created and written by Stephen Falk, You’re The Worst centers on two toxic, self-destructive people who fall in love and attempt a relationship. Chris Geere (After Earth) stars as Jimmy, a completely self-absorbed, proudly outspoken, and utterly insensitive writer living in L.A. who is deeply unsettled when he finds himself developing feelings for a recent one night stand, Gretchen, a cynical and self-destructive beauty played by Aya Cash (The Newsroom). Kether Donohue (Pitch Perfect) will play Gretchen’s best friend Lindsay. The beta to Gretchen’s alpha, Lindsay is married and trying her hardest to be a proper adult-type lady. Desmin Borges (Mr. Popper’s Penguins) will play Edgar, Jimmy’s sweet and earnest childhood friend/roommate who is a war veteran suffering from PTSD and mild battlefield-induced psychosis. The pilot will be produced by FX Productions. Jordan Vogt-Roberts (Kings Of Summer) will direct. Geere is represented by Creative Partners Group. Cash and Vogt-Roberts are represented by UTA. Donohue is with APA and Borges is repped by Stewart Talent.
FX Rounds Out Cast For Toxic-Romance Comedy ‘You’re The Worst’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'MythBusters' Chops Three To Take Show Back To Its Roots
- Alicia Witt Signs With Innovative Artists & The Schiff Company
- Ghost-Hunter Drama Set To Haunt BBC America & BBC One
- 'Sleepy Hollow' Heads To Hulu Plus
- Courtney B. Vance & James Remar Join 'State Of Affairs'; Jennifer Hasty Takes 'Selfie'
- Relativity Teams With Jonathan Goldstein and John Francis Daley On 'All Day And A Night'