FX Networks has locked the cast for its romantic comedy pilot You’re The Worst. Created and written by Stephen Falk, You’re The Worst centers on two toxic, self-destructive people who fall in love and attempt a relationship. Chris Geere (After Earth) stars as Jimmy, a completely self-absorbed, proudly outspoken, and utterly insensitive writer living in L.A. who is deeply unsettled when he finds himself developing feelings for a recent one night stand, Gretchen, a cynical and self-destructive beauty played by Aya Cash (The Newsroom). Kether Donohue (Pitch Perfect) will play Gretchen’s best friend Lindsay. The beta to Gretchen’s alpha, Lindsay is married and trying her hardest to be a proper adult-type lady. Desmin Borges (Mr. Popper’s Penguins) will play Edgar, Jimmy’s sweet and earnest childhood friend/roommate who is a war veteran suffering from PTSD and mild battlefield-induced psychosis. The pilot will be produced by FX Productions. Jordan Vogt-Roberts (Kings Of Summer) will direct. Geere is represented by Creative Partners Group. Cash and Vogt-Roberts are represented by UTA. Donohue is with APA and Borges is repped by Stewart Talent.
FX Rounds Out Cast For Toxic-Romance Comedy ‘You’re The Worst’
Trending Now on Deadline
'Ouija' Says Yes To No. 1, 'John Wick' No. 2 With A Bullet, 'St. Vincent,' 'Birdman' Expansion Results - B.O. Weekend
More From Team
- New York Television Festival Announces 2014 Winners
- UPDATE: Warner Bros Moves Up 'Entourage' Release By A Week
- Terry Keenan Dead: Longtime Business Reporter-Anchor At CNN, CNBC & Fox News
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC