In a sign it’s eyeing increased deal flow, FremantleMedia has hired Julian Tomkins to serve in the newly created post of Director of Strategy and Mergers & Acquisitions. He will be based in London and lead a team responsible for setting and delivering overall company strategy. Tomkins will also oversee all mergers, acquisitions, partnerships and joint ventures activity. He joins Fremantle after a stint as a consultant to UK and international media and digital media clients. He previously spent seven years at NBCUniversal where he held several senior posts including SVP, Head of International Business Development. During his time there he oversaw the acquisition of Downton Abbey producer Carnival Films, and the Hallmark international channels business. Fremantle CEO Cécile Frot-Coutaz said, “Julian’s extensive knowledge of content creation and the digital arena together with his strong track record in new business development and M&A will be a real asset as we look at all the options to grow FremantleMedia.”
Fremantle Hires M&A Expert Julian Tomkins
What's Hot on Deadline
Relativity Changes Coming Fast Today -- Sports Division Head And Co-Chief Out; Ron Burkle Takes Over
'Fresh Off The Boat' Inches Up As Fox Comedies & 'The Muppets' Drop; The CW Fall Kickoff OK With 'The Flash', 'iZombie'
Latest International News
- Chantal Akerman Will Be Remembered At ‘No Home Movie’ Screening – New York Film Festival
- Luc Besson’s ‘Valerian’ Calling On Aspiring Artists: Another ‘Fifth Element’ Fashion Statement?
- A&E Snags ITV’s ‘Frankenstein Chronicles’ With Sean Bean – Mipcom
- Graphic Novel ‘Stryx’ Getting Live-Action Adaptation With Element 8, Grid & John Harrison
- Flemish Director Robin Pront Signs With WME & Anonymous Content
- Canal Plus, Disney Extend Programming Deal With Force – Mipcom