In a sign it’s eyeing increased deal flow, FremantleMedia has hired Julian Tomkins to serve in the newly created post of Director of Strategy and Mergers & Acquisitions. He will be based in London and lead a team responsible for setting and delivering overall company strategy. Tomkins will also oversee all mergers, acquisitions, partnerships and joint ventures activity. He joins Fremantle after a stint as a consultant to UK and international media and digital media clients. He previously spent seven years at NBCUniversal where he held several senior posts including SVP, Head of International Business Development. During his time there he oversaw the acquisition of Downton Abbey producer Carnival Films, and the Hallmark international channels business. Fremantle CEO Cécile Frot-Coutaz said, “Julian’s extensive knowledge of content creation and the digital arena together with his strong track record in new business development and M&A will be a real asset as we look at all the options to grow FremantleMedia.”
Fremantle Hires M&A Expert Julian Tomkins
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
More From Tartaglione
- 'Maze Runner' Races To $37.6M Internationally With No. 1s In 50 Countries; 'Apes' Crosses $100M In China
- Peter Kujawski Named Managing Director Of Universal Pictures Int'l Productions
- 'Mommy' To Rep Canada In Foreign-Lingo Oscar Race; Belgium Picks 'Two Days, One Night'
- Annabelle Wallis Joins Armie Hammer In Psychological Thriller 'Mine'
- Scotland Votes To Remain In The UK: Political Changes Loom, Effect On Film & TV Biz Uncertain
- Scottish Independence Vote: If The Ayes Have It, What Happens For Film & TV Biz?