EXCLUSIVE: Dany Boon, the French director whose film Welcome To The Sticks (Bienvenue Chez Les Ch’tis) made an obscene amount of money in France, is set to make his Hollywood debut on The Ambassadors. It’s a Tripper Clancy-scripted ensemble comedy that starts out in Heathrow Airport and becomes a road–trip comedy across Europe as an international group bonds over the quest to help an American get home in time for a life-changing event. The film will be produced by Nicky Weinstock through his Fox-based Invention Films banner, along with Boon, and Dean Nichols and Yael Boon of DYD 26 Entertainment. Boon has recently moved to Hollywood to make comedies here, and this signifies a continuing effort by Fox to work with new talent. Boon’s next pic is Supercondriaque, which he wrote, directed and starred in, and is due out in March for Pathe. He is repped by WME and Patrick Knapp and Jake Bloom from Bloom Hergott. Clancy by UTA and Benderspink.
Fox Sets French Helmer Dany Boon For Ensemble Comedy ‘The Ambassadors’
What's Hot on Deadline
Peter Jackson & Fran Walsh Rev 'Mortal Engines'; Directing Debut For 'Hobbit' VFX Protege Christian Rivers
Latest Film News
- Jack O’Connell Cast As Alexander McQueen In Pathé’s Untitled Biopic
- ‘Jack Reacher’ Cuffs $31.5M But ‘Mechanic’ Throws Wrench Into China – Intl Box Office
- Aardman, Studiocanal Reunite Flock For ‘Shaun The Sheep Movie 2’ – AFM
- ‘American Pastoral’ Review: Ewan McGregor’s Directorial Debut Deserves A Better Reception
- Warner Bros Sues Innovative Artists For Oscar Screener Piracy Of ‘Creed’ + More
- EuropaCorp Boards English-Language Remake of Japanese Thriller 'Shield of Straw'