EXCLUSIVE: Dany Boon, the French director whose film Welcome To The Sticks (Bienvenue Chez Les Ch’tis) made an obscene amount of money in France, is set to make his Hollywood debut on The Ambassadors. It’s a Tripper Clancy-scripted ensemble comedy that starts out in Heathrow Airport and becomes a road–trip comedy across Europe as an international group bonds over the quest to help an American get home in time for a life-changing event. The film will be produced by Nicky Weinstock through his Fox-based Invention Films banner, along with Boon, and Dean Nichols and Yael Boon of DYD 26 Entertainment. Boon has recently moved to Hollywood to make comedies here, and this signifies a continuing effort by Fox to work with new talent. Boon’s next pic is Supercondriaque, which he wrote, directed and starred in, and is due out in March for Pathe. He is repped by WME and Patrick Knapp and Jake Bloom from Bloom Hergott. Clancy by UTA and Benderspink.
Fox Sets French Helmer Dany Boon For Ensemble Comedy ‘The Ambassadors’
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Brothers Grimsby': Trailer Or Titillating Clip "Shown" On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' – Which Works Better?
Four Studios Bidding On 'Gone Girl' Author Gillian Flynn's Short Story 'The Grownup': Hot Package Du Jour
Latest Film News
- Competition Drama ‘Alone In Berlin’ Acquired By Altitude, Picturehouse In UK
- Clémence Poésy In ‘Final Portrait’ Frame; TrustNordisk Contracts Ole Bornedal’s Next – Berlin
- Hot Berlin Titles: What Buyers Are Buzzing About At The EFM
- Jose Padilha In Negotiations To Direct ‘Entebbe’ For Working Title, Studiocanal – Berlin
- ‘Mother’s Day’ Trailer: Roberts, Aniston, Hudson & Sudeikis Celebrate Momhood
- Russell Simmons’ All Def Movie Awards Set To Brings Laughs & Honor Oscars Snubs