New Fox comedy Enlisted, originally slated to debut in November, will be held back until January. Enlisted, a slapstick single-camera comedy about three brothers and a group of misfits on a small Florida Army base, was scheduled to premiere November 8 at 9:30 PM, following the time slot premiere of Bones at 8 PM and the season premiere of Raising Hope at 9 PM. Now, Fox will air back-to-back originals of Raising Hope in the Friday 9 PM hour until Enlisted bows on January 10. By then, 12 of the 22 commissioned episodes of Raising Hope will have aired, leaving 10 originals to lead into Enlisted, which has a 13-episode order. Fox reps point to the strong male skew of Enlisted as a reason for the scheduling move as it would allow more promotion during the network’s football and other sports coverage.
Fox Pushes Premiere Of New Comedy Series ‘Enlisted’ To January
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- '11/22/63′ Drama From J.J. Abrams Based On Stephen King's Novel Gets Hulu Series Order
- CBS' 'Madam Secretary' Off To Fair Start – RATINGS RAT RACE
- Flashback: 'Friends' Premiered 20 Years Ago Today
- It's Official: AMC Picks Up Channel 4 Series 'Humans'
- Fall 2014 Preview: Cloudy Ratings Forecast & Where The Networks Stand
- Duo Of Writers Sell Assassin & Auto-Theft Dramas Produced By Chris Morgan To Fox