Just over two months after announcing that Megyn Kelly would be moving to primetime later this year, Fox News Channel today made the first move of its anchor pieces. The cable news network said Thursday that as part of a new multi-year deal with FNC inked earlier this summer, Shepard Smith would be moving on from the nightly 7 PM ET Fox Report slot and having his 3 PM slot adapted and expanded. This fall, in a brand new studio, Shepard Smith Reporting will take over where the Smith-hosted Studio B had previously been. Additionally, Smith will also head a newly established multi-platform breaking news division as its Managing Editor. In that role he will break in on-air and online with stories in primetime and throughout FNC’s broadcasting day. “Shep is a premier journalist and one of the finest newsmen of the modern era. He will exemplify the ethos that FOX News is when and where the news is, as it happens, no longer bound by a traditional evening format conceived in the 1960’s,” said FNC chief Roger Ailes in a statement today. No word as to what will replace the Fox Report in that desirable 7 PM slot but with Ailes bringing Kelly to primetime and fellow host Sean Hannity and Greta Van Sustern having signed new contracts earlier this year, there are more pieces on the board to move still. In terms of Smith, I’ve learned that Larry Kramer of Kramer Talent Management negotiated the overall deal announced today for his anchor client. A deal industry insiders say is second only to O’Reilly’s in terms of scope and compensation.
Fox News Shifts Shepard Smith, Opens Up Primetime Spot
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Latest TV News
- Modern VideoFilm Founder Sues New Owner For $100 Million
- Latest Creative Arts Emmys Presenters Include Chris Hardwick, Margo Martindale & Gloria Steinem – Update
- ABC Nabs ‘Start Up’ Comedy Starring & Directed By Zach Braff As Put Pilot
- IATSE Offers To Help ‘Sausage Party’ Animators & Fight “Untenable” VFX Working Conditions
- ‘Splitting Up Together’ Comedy From Emily Kapnek & Ellen DeGeneres Gets ABC Put Pilot Commitment
- Donald Trump: Abedin-Weiner Split Exposes Possible National Security Risk In Clinton Campaign