EXCLUSIVE: In yet another example of cross-pollination between vertically integrated companies this buying season, Fox has taken in an ABC Studios-produced comedy in a script deal with penalty. It hails from Courteney Cox and David Arquette‘s studio-based Coquette and writer Vijal Patel who also has an overall deal at ABC Studios. The single-camera comedy centers on tiger parents who realize raising smart confident kids is a horrible idea when they turn into smart confident teenagers who make your life hell. Patel is writing and will executive produce with Cox and Arquette, with Coquette’s Thea Mann co-executive producing. Patel, repped by APA and attorney Bruce Gellman, serves as co-executive producer on ABC/ABC Studios’ new comedy series Trophy Wife. He previously serves as co-executive producer on Family Tools and spent three seasons on The Middle. Coquette is co-producing with ABC Studios the TBS comedy series Cougar Town starring Cox.
Fox Nabs Family Comedy From Vijal Patel, Courteney Cox, David Arquette With Penalty
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Last Jedi' Now Opening To $219M: How Disney Continues To Win With The 'Star Wars' Franchise - Update
Harvey Weinstein Again Denies Blackballing Actresses: Says He Wanted Ashley Judd For 'Good Will Hunting'
Latest TV News
- Kevin Hart Brings Holiday Cheer & Beleaguered Captain Shadow To ‘SNL’
- ‘SNL’ Weekend Update Shames Hollywood Gropers, Banishes Omarosa And Welcomes Sleazy Boat Guy
- Sam Rockwell To Host ‘Saturday Night Live’ In January
- ‘SNL’: Alec Baldwin Ends War On Christmas As Omarosa Begs Forgiveness
- Gretchen Carlson To Former Fox Colleague Bill O’Reilly: “Who Are U Fooling?”
- XFL Return Rumored As WWE Head Vince McMahon Forms New Investment Venture