EXCLUSIVE: In yet another example of cross-pollination between vertically integrated companies this buying season, Fox has taken in an ABC Studios-produced comedy in a script deal with penalty. It hails from Courteney Cox and David Arquette‘s studio-based Coquette and writer Vijal Patel who also has an overall deal at ABC Studios. The single-camera comedy centers on tiger parents who realize raising smart confident kids is a horrible idea when they turn into smart confident teenagers who make your life hell. Patel is writing and will executive produce with Cox and Arquette, with Coquette’s Thea Mann co-executive producing. Patel, repped by APA and attorney Bruce Gellman, serves as co-executive producer on ABC/ABC Studios’ new comedy series Trophy Wife. He previously serves as co-executive producer on Family Tools and spent three seasons on The Middle. Coquette is co-producing with ABC Studios the TBS comedy series Cougar Town starring Cox.
Fox Nabs Family Comedy From Vijal Patel, Courteney Cox, David Arquette With Penalty
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Andreeva
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par With Host Amy Adams
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'