Happy Endings alum Damon Wayans Jr, who co-starred in the pilot for New Girl, is back in business with Fox and 20th Century Fox TV as an executive producer and potential star of another high-profile comedy project. Fox has given a pilot production commitment to Man/Child, a single-camera comedy from 20th TV and Jason Winer’s studio-based Small Dog Picture Co. Written by Wilfred executive producers/showrunners Reed Agnew & Eli Jorne and to be directed by Winer, Man/Child centers on two single dads who move in together and struggle to find the balance between being responsible parents and debaucherous bachelors. The project is being developed as a staring vehicle for Wayans Jr., though he has no talent deal in place at the moment. Wayans Jr, Winer, Agnew and Jorne are executive producing with Mosaic’s Michael Lasker & Christie Smith. WME-repped Wayans Jr is already back in the Fox/20th TV family following the end of Happy Endings, reprising his role as Coach on New Girl in a multi-episode arc. This marks the second sale and second pilot production commitment for Winer’s Small Dog, which also has comedy The Runt at CBS. Winer is with ICM Partners, Mosaic and Morris Yorn; Agnew is with ICM, Jorne with UTA.
Fox Nabs Dads Comedy From Damon Wayans Jr, ‘Wilfred’ Showrunners & Jason Winer With Production Commitment
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Raycom Media TV Stations Blacked Out By DirecTV In Carriage Dispute
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over