In a move we’ve come to expect for freshman series — but for returning ones, not so much — Fox will preview the season debut of The Mindy Project on VOD and digital platforms beginning today. That’s a full week in advance of its primetime debut on the broadcast network. In the debut episode, Schulman & Associates welcomes its new resident OB/GYN, Dr. Paul Leotard, played by guest star James Franco — a charming, former model who also happens to be a sex therapist and offers sex therapy advice to Danny (Chris Messina) and Christina (guest star Chloe Sevigny). So if the Comedy Central roast/love letter of/to Franco didn’t give you your Franco-fill, you can now catch the season premiere episode on Fox.com, Fox Now, HULU, Fox on Demand, Xbox 360, Samsung, Windows 8 and Roku, and online distributors including iTunes, Amazon, Microsoft, Samsung, Vudu and YouTube.
Fox Gives ‘The Mindy Project’ Early VOD/Digital Debut
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Friday: 'If I Stay' Sinks, 'Sin City 2' Bombs, 'Game' Scrambles As 'Guardians' Steps Up To No. 1
More From Team
- Holliday Grainger Toplines 'Lady Chatterley's Lover' For BBC One; Levi Meadon Joins Syfy's 'Olympus'
- SAG-AFTRA Members Ratify TV/Theatrical Contract
- Hot TV Clip: 'The Unauthorized Saved By The Bell Story'
- Repped By SAG-AFTRA, KPCC Gets First Union Contract
- 'MythBusters' Chops Three To Take Show Back To Its Roots
- Alicia Witt Signs With Innovative Artists & The Schiff Company