EXCLUSIVE: In their second sale this season, Nichole Millard and Kathryn Price (The Game Plan) have set up drama Guilt at Fox with Stephen McPherson executive producing alongside them. The fictional project draws parallels to the story of Amanda Knox. Guilt, from Lionsgate TV and McPherson’s Wonder Monkey which has first-look deals at Fox and Lionsgate, is described as a sexy, soapy, twisted thriller about an American girl who is studying abroad in London. When her Irish roommate is brutally murdered, she finds herself the prime suspect and focus of an international media frenzy. The series will explore the different levels of guilt of everyone in this mystery – from the suspect, to the police, to the prosecution, to the defense team, to the tabloids, to the victim’s family. American Knox was studying in Italy when she was arrested and then tried for the gruesome murder of her English roommate. Earlier this month Millard and Price, repped by Paradigm, Kaplan/Perrone and Karl Austen, sold a drama to ABC with Mark Gordon producing for ABC Studios. Their feature Fallen, directed by Scott Hicks, is going into production later this year. This is the latest sale for McPherson who has been very prolific in his first season as a producer. He also has three comedies at Fox and one at CBS.
Fox Drama Project Produced By Steve McPherson Echoes Amanda Knox Story
What's Hot on Deadline
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
'Black Panther' Still Boss At The B.O. Running Toward $600M+; 'Tomb Raider' At $22M-$24M - Midday Update
California Pol To Wolf Blitzer: Donald Trump "Spinning Out Of Control", Serious Security Threat, Has To Go
Netflix Boards Coming-Of-Age Slasher Movie With 'Stranger Things' Outfit 21 Laps And James Wan's Atomic Monster
Latest TV News
- ‘Real Time’: Billy Bush Says Life Was “Chaos” After Trump Grabbing Scandal
- Attorney General Jeff Sessions Fires FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe
- Trump’s Lawyer Sues Stormy Daniels For $20M In Advance Of ’60 Minutes’ Interview
- “What If Our Politicians Weren’t The Bitch Of NRA?” Parkland Student Asks In PSA
- NBC Wants ‘Tonight Show’ Discrimination Suit Moved To Arbitration, Or Dismissed
- ‘In Between Lives’ Casts Anne-Marie Johnson; Raffi Barsoumian Cracks ‘The Code’