EXCLUSIVE: In their second sale this season, Nichole Millard and Kathryn Price (The Game Plan) have set up drama Guilt at Fox with Stephen McPherson executive producing alongside them. The fictional project draws parallels to the story of Amanda Knox. Guilt, from Lionsgate TV and McPherson’s Wonder Monkey which has first-look deals at Fox and Lionsgate, is described as a sexy, soapy, twisted thriller about an American girl who is studying abroad in London. When her Irish roommate is brutally murdered, she finds herself the prime suspect and focus of an international media frenzy. The series will explore the different levels of guilt of everyone in this mystery – from the suspect, to the police, to the prosecution, to the defense team, to the tabloids, to the victim’s family. American Knox was studying in Italy when she was arrested and then tried for the gruesome murder of her English roommate. Earlier this month Millard and Price, repped by Paradigm, Kaplan/Perrone and Karl Austen, sold a drama to ABC with Mark Gordon producing for ABC Studios. Their feature Fallen, directed by Scott Hicks, is going into production later this year. This is the latest sale for McPherson who has been very prolific in his first season as a producer. He also has three comedies at Fox and one at CBS.
Fox Drama Project Produced By Steve McPherson Echoes Amanda Knox Story
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'Jack Reacher' Cuffs $31M But 'Mechanic' Puts Wrench Into China Perf; 'Girl', 'Inferno', 'Peregrine' Advance - Intl Box Office
Latest TV News
- ABC Nabs Family Comedy Starring Rev Run & Justine Simmons With Big Commitment
- ‘Penn & Teller: Fool Us’, ‘Whose Line Is It Anyway?’ & ‘Masters Of Illusion’ Renewed For Summer On…
- Viacom Labs Sets First Livestream-To-TV Series For 2017
- ‘Weaveworld’: Josh Stolberg To Write New CW Adaptation Of Clive Barker’s Book
- Thomas Haden Church Signs With CAA
- ‘Being Mary Jane’ Adds Valarie Pettiford, Ashton Holmes & Chiké Okonkwo