Thriller seems to be the drama genre du jeur so far this development season, with the broadcast networks stocking up on conspiracy/mystery serialized drama projects. The latest is Far From The Tree, from Switched At Birth executive producer Becky Hartman Edwards and Ruben Fleischer, which has sold to Fox through 20th Century Fox Television where Fleischer has a deal. Written by Edwards, it is a character-based thriller focusing on the members of an all-American family whose lives are turned upside down when their eldest son is involved in a large scale eco-terrorist attack. The show centers on the parents and siblings of the eco-terrorist as they deal with the FBI, media and community at large, all while unraveling the complex mystery as to how and why one of their own became so radicalized.
Fox Buys Thriller From Becky Hartman Edwards & Ruben Fleischer
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order; Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Stephnie Weir Bank Comedy
- Fox Developing Drama About Airline Crew Moonlighting As Robbers
- Betsy Thomas Set As New 'Bad Judge' Showrunner
- Sam Richardson Upped To Regular On 'Veep'
- Nathan Parsons To Topline Amazon Pilot 'Point Of Honor', Luke Benward To Co-Star
- Rob Golenberg and Alon Aranya's Scripted World Inks First-Look Deal With Fox 21