An ensemble single-camera comedy pitch by up-and-coming writer Barry Schwartz, Sony TV and studio-based producers Greg Malins and Seth Gordon has sold to Fox. Written by Schwartz with Malins supervising/showrunning, The Worst Best Thing is described as an edgy, docu-style comedy about three couples — two with new babies and one who’s expecting — who have known each other since grade school and are very angry at all the people who lied to them about how “wonderful and beautiful” having babies is. It is almost never those things. But the few amazing moments that are make up for almost all of it. Malins is executive producing with Gordon through his Exhibit A where the project was shepherded by head of development Mary Rohlich. This marks WME-repped Malins’ second sale this season, along with comedy Half at NBC. Gordon, repped by WME, Brillstein Entertainment and Sloane, Offer, recently sold Marry Me with David Caspe to NBC and directed the pilot for Sony TV’s upcoming ABC comedy series The Goldbergs. In features, Schwartz, repped by WME, the Gotham Group and McKuin, Frankel, recently sold Bromance to Montecito and DreamWorks and Parents Weekend to Kopelson Entertainment. He is currently rebooting Last American Virgin for Millennium.
Fox Buys Couples Comedy Executive Produced By Greg Malins & Seth Gordon
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- TruTV’s ‘Impractical Jokers’ Cleared In 85% Of U.S.
- Expectation Hires Kirstie Macdonald; DFI Boards ‘Loving Vincent’; Sky, A+E Extend Deal – Global Briefs
- ‘Philip K. Dick’s Electric Dreams’: Mel Rodriguez & Vera Farmiga Join Sci-Fi Anthology Series
- Sean Hannity “I Am Not Discussing” DNC Staffer Murder Story “For Now”
- Jon Stewart & HBO Scrap His Digital Animated Series Project
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ Producer Sued After Tyra Banks “Physically Manipulated” Young Girl