Jamie Abrams and DJ Lubel‘s Women Of LA short video went viral earlier this year, amassing more than 1.2 million views on YouTube and even getting a mention on Deadline (you can watch it below). It also has helped the duo set up a TV project. Fox has bought Last Night, a single-camera comedy written by Lubel and Abrams. 20th TV and Aaron Kaplan’s Kapital Entertainment are producing, with Kaplan executive producing. In the tone of Women Of LA, Last Night is described as Entourage meets Seinfeld and focuses on four best friends who join up every Saturday night to navigate, analyze and hopefully survive the very real social revolution that is currently upon us. The deal for the project was brokered by ICM Partners, which reps Lubel with Underground. Abrams is with APA and New Wave.
Fox Buys Comedy From Creators Of ‘Women Of LA’ Video With Aaron Kaplan Producing
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'