Jamie Abrams and DJ Lubel‘s Women Of LA short video went viral earlier this year, amassing more than 1.2 million views on YouTube and even getting a mention on Deadline (you can watch it below). It also has helped the duo set up a TV project. Fox has bought Last Night, a single-camera comedy written by Lubel and Abrams. 20th TV and Aaron Kaplan’s Kapital Entertainment are producing, with Kaplan executive producing. In the tone of Women Of LA, Last Night is described as Entourage meets Seinfeld and focuses on four best friends who join up every Saturday night to navigate, analyze and hopefully survive the very real social revolution that is currently upon us. The deal for the project was brokered by ICM Partners, which reps Lubel with Underground. Abrams is with APA and New Wave.
Fox Buys Comedy From Creators Of ‘Women Of LA’ Video With Aaron Kaplan Producing
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'