Jamie Abrams and DJ Lubel‘s Women Of LA short video went viral earlier this year, amassing more than 1.2 million views on YouTube and even getting a mention on Deadline (you can watch it below). It also has helped the duo set up a TV project. Fox has bought Last Night, a single-camera comedy written by Lubel and Abrams. 20th TV and Aaron Kaplan’s Kapital Entertainment are producing, with Kaplan executive producing. In the tone of Women Of LA, Last Night is described as Entourage meets Seinfeld and focuses on four best friends who join up every Saturday night to navigate, analyze and hopefully survive the very real social revolution that is currently upon us. The deal for the project was brokered by ICM Partners, which reps Lubel with Underground. Abrams is with APA and New Wave.
Fox Buys Comedy From Creators Of ‘Women Of LA’ Video With Aaron Kaplan Producing
What's Hot on Deadline
Ellen Barkin Says "Never Get Into An Elevator Alone With Terry Gilliam" After His Criticism Of #MeToo Movement
'SNL': Anderson Cooper Addresses White House Firings; John Goodman & Fred Armisen Make Surprise Visits
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
Director Terry Gilliam Says #MeToo "Got Silly", "Monster" Harvey Weinstein "Opened The Door" For Some
Latest TV News
- ‘SNL’: Anderson Cooper Addresses White House Firings; John Goodman & Fred Armisen Make Surprise Visits
- ‘Will & Grace’ Cast React To Season 3 Renewal; Talk Favorite Guest Stars
- ‘Will & Grace’ Revival Renewed For Season 3 By NBC, Season 2 Expanded
- ‘Harry & Meghan’ Teaser: First Look At The Lifetime Royal Romance
- ‘Scandal’ Wraps Production Of Series Finale In A Blaze Of Social-Media Glory
- NCAA Nabs Friday’s Top Spot, ‘MasterChef Junior’ Strong, ‘Taken’ Grabs Season High Crowd