Jamie Abrams and DJ Lubel‘s Women Of LA short video went viral earlier this year, amassing more than 1.2 million views on YouTube and even getting a mention on Deadline (you can watch it below). It also has helped the duo set up a TV project. Fox has bought Last Night, a single-camera comedy written by Lubel and Abrams. 20th TV and Aaron Kaplan’s Kapital Entertainment are producing, with Kaplan executive producing. In the tone of Women Of LA, Last Night is described as Entourage meets Seinfeld and focuses on four best friends who join up every Saturday night to navigate, analyze and hopefully survive the very real social revolution that is currently upon us. The deal for the project was brokered by ICM Partners, which reps Lubel with Underground. Abrams is with APA and New Wave.
Fox Buys Comedy From Creators Of ‘Women Of LA’ Video With Aaron Kaplan Producing
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order; Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Stephnie Weir Bank Comedy
- Fox Developing Drama About Airline Crew Moonlighting As Robbers
- Betsy Thomas Set As New 'Bad Judge' Showrunner
- Sam Richardson Upped To Regular On 'Veep'
- Nathan Parsons To Topline Amazon Pilot 'Point Of Honor', Luke Benward To Co-Star
- Rob Golenberg and Alon Aranya's Scripted World Inks First-Look Deal With Fox 21