Tony Vinciquerra had been CEO of Fox Networks Group for six years when he added the Chairman role and became Fox’s go-to TV dealmaker. He left the company two years later, having hammered out tough carriage deals worth millions with Time Warner Cable, Cablevision and Dish. Now Vinciquerra, who spent a decade at Fox, has joined DirecTV‘s board of directors. Mike White, the satcaster’s Chairman, President and CEO, said of the appointment, “His expertise in television production, broadcasting, sports and international programming perfectly complement the broad experience of our current directors and ensures DirecTV will continue to have a talented and well-rounded board.” Vinciquerra, now a senior tech and media adviser to Texas Pacific Group, earlier held senior executive posts at Hearst Argyle and CBS Television Stations Group.
Former Fox Exec Tony Vinciquerra Joins DirecTV Board
Trending Now on Deadline
Ryan Murphy & His 'Glee' Co-Creators Get Fox Series Order For Comedy-Horror Anthology 'Scream Queens'
Alamo Drafthouse's Tim League: Make A Place For Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, And Film Stock In Digital Future
FINAL: 'Fury' Wins Box Office War With $23.7M; 'Book Of Life' At $17M; 'Gone Girl' $100M+; 'Best Of Me' $10M - B.O. Final
More From Team
- 'Gold Rush' 5th Season Debut Hits Ratings Motherlode For Discovery
- OSCARS: Eight Documentary Shorts On 2014 Shortlist
- Roger Howarth Joins 'The Flash'; Ryan Hurst In 'Bates Motel'
- Disney Animation Unveils 'Moana' From 'Little Mermaid' Filmmakers For November 2016
- 'Simpsons World' Debuts Tomorrow
- Disney's 'Cinderella' & 'The Jungle Book' Head To Turner Networks