Tony Vinciquerra had been CEO of Fox Networks Group for six years when he added the Chairman role and became Fox’s go-to TV dealmaker. He left the company two years later, having hammered out tough carriage deals worth millions with Time Warner Cable, Cablevision and Dish. Now Vinciquerra, who spent a decade at Fox, has joined DirecTV‘s board of directors. Mike White, the satcaster’s Chairman, President and CEO, said of the appointment, “His expertise in television production, broadcasting, sports and international programming perfectly complement the broad experience of our current directors and ensures DirecTV will continue to have a talented and well-rounded board.” Vinciquerra, now a senior tech and media adviser to Texas Pacific Group, earlier held senior executive posts at Hearst Argyle and CBS Television Stations Group.
Former Fox Exec Tony Vinciquerra Joins DirecTV Board
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office: 'If I Stay' Best Of Lifeless Bunch As 'Sin City 2' Tanks, 'Game' Tries To Find Footing And 'Guardians' No. 1
More From Team
- Holliday Grainger Toplines 'Lady Chatterley's Lover' For BBC One; Levi Meadon Joins Syfy's 'Olympus'
- SAG-AFTRA Members Ratify TV/Theatrical Contract
- Hot TV Clip: 'The Unauthorized Saved By The Bell Story'
- Repped By SAG-AFTRA, KPCC Gets First Union Contract
- 'MythBusters' Chops Three To Take Show Back To Its Roots
- Alicia Witt Signs With Innovative Artists & The Schiff Company