President Barack Obama won’t be coming to town after all for the DNC fundraiser that was originally scheduled for September 9 but First Lady Michelle Obama will. The event is now set for October 11 at the LA home of Everybody Love Raymond creator Philip Rosenthal, says an email the DNC sent out today. Announced on August 27, the September fundraiser was first set for the home of Friends co-creator Marta Kauffman. However, due to the possibility of military action against Syria and a now postponed vote in Congress, Obama’s trip was taken off the calendar on September 5. With tickets ranging from $1,250 to $32,400, the October 11 fundraiser will be a one-hour event with a photo opp for the lower ticket buyers and a smaller Q&A gathering for the top tier paying donors, just like the President’s event was supposed to be. Largely absent from midterm fundraisers this cycle, the First Lady is back on the trail and will be heading up to San Francisco for another event on October 13.
First Lady Subs For President Obama At Hollywood Fundraiser
What's Hot on Deadline
Tucker Carlson Blasts Emmys; Calls It A "Remarkable Triumph Of Identity Politics Over Art & Entertainment"
Latest TV News
- Comedy Central’s ‘The Opposition With Jordan Klepper’ Announces Team Of Citizen Journalists
- Zefr Taps Fox Networks Group’s Toby Byrne As President
- Bill O’Reilly To Matt Lauer On His Firing From Fox News & Sexual Harassment Claims: “This Was A Hit Job”…
- Senator McCain Salutes ‘Morning Joe’ For “10 Years Of Fake News And Deceiving The American People”
- CBS Winning Battle For Australia's Ten Network
- ‘Lockwood & Co’: Big Talk Prods To Adapt Spooky YA Detective Series For Television