President Barack Obama won’t be coming to town after all for the DNC fundraiser that was originally scheduled for September 9 but First Lady Michelle Obama will. The event is now set for October 11 at the LA home of Everybody Love Raymond creator Philip Rosenthal, says an email the DNC sent out today. Announced on August 27, the September fundraiser was first set for the home of Friends co-creator Marta Kauffman. However, due to the possibility of military action against Syria and a now postponed vote in Congress, Obama’s trip was taken off the calendar on September 5. With tickets ranging from $1,250 to $32,400, the October 11 fundraiser will be a one-hour event with a photo opp for the lower ticket buyers and a smaller Q&A gathering for the top tier paying donors, just like the President’s event was supposed to be. Largely absent from midterm fundraisers this cycle, the First Lady is back on the trail and will be heading up to San Francisco for another event on October 13.
First Lady Subs For President Obama At Hollywood Fundraiser
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Brothers Grimsby': Trailer Or Titillating Clip "Shown" On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' – Which Works Better?
Latest TV News
- ‘Good Place’ NBC Comedy Series Casts William Jackson Harper
- Mark-Paul Gosselaar To Star In Fox Pilot ‘Pitch’
- CBS Comedy Pilot 'Superior Donuts' Casts Maz Jobrani
- Laura Dern To Star In HBO Death Row Drama In Development From Alex Gibney
- CBS Order For Matt Nix Drama Scrapped When Co-Production Deal Falls Through As Ownership Rules Pilot Season 2016
- ‘Outlander’ Season 2 Trailer: Is It Even Possible To Change The Future?