President Barack Obama won’t be coming to town after all for the DNC fundraiser that was originally scheduled for September 9 but First Lady Michelle Obama will. The event is now set for October 11 at the LA home of Everybody Love Raymond creator Philip Rosenthal, says an email the DNC sent out today. Announced on August 27, the September fundraiser was first set for the home of Friends co-creator Marta Kauffman. However, due to the possibility of military action against Syria and a now postponed vote in Congress, Obama’s trip was taken off the calendar on September 5. With tickets ranging from $1,250 to $32,400, the October 11 fundraiser will be a one-hour event with a photo opp for the lower ticket buyers and a smaller Q&A gathering for the top tier paying donors, just like the President’s event was supposed to be. Largely absent from midterm fundraisers this cycle, the First Lady is back on the trail and will be heading up to San Francisco for another event on October 13.
First Lady Subs For President Obama At Hollywood Fundraiser
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Latest TV News
- ‘Dancing With the Stars’: Ryan Lochte, Laurie Hernandez, Rick Perry Compete This Season
- Modern VideoFilm Founder Sues New Owner For $100 Million
- Latest Creative Arts Emmys Presenters Include Chris Hardwick, Margo Martindale & Gloria Steinem – Update
- ABC Nabs ‘Start Up’ Comedy Starring & Directed By Zach Braff As Put Pilot
- IATSE Offers To Help ‘Sausage Party’ Animators & Fight “Untenable” VFX Working Conditions
- ‘Splitting Up Together’ Comedy From Emily Kapnek & Ellen DeGeneres Gets ABC Put Pilot Commitment