Miley Cyrus and her headline-grabbing twerk routine helped the MTV VMAs reach 10.1M viewers on August 25. It also prompted 150 irate official complaint filings over at the FCC, according to documents received by The Smoking Gun. Some compare it to the Janet Jackson Super Bowl Nipple-gate of 2004 on CBS in an MTV-produced halftime show and led to a $550,000 fine. Many of the FCC complaints term Cyrus’s grinding on singer Robin Thicke as “obscene” and “indecent” with one saying, “Had I wanted my family to see a hooker perform a live sex show, I would have taken them to Tijuana.” Others call for FCC fines to MTV, Cyrus, and even Thicke for being the guy who got twerked on. Unfortunately for outraged tsk-tskers, Cyrus’s MTV stunt was broadcast on the cable network – so the FCC can’t touch it.
FCC Airs Miley Cyrus Twerking Complaints
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Shine International Taps Ted Bookstaver SVP Head Of Americas
- Hot Trailer: Jason Reitman's 'Men, Women & Children'
- Annika Marks Joins ABC Family's 'The Fosters'; Rotimi Akinosho In Starz's 'Power'
- 'TMZ Hollywood Sports' To Anchor Reelz Primetime
- Relativity Sets Thrillers 'The Disappointments Room' & 'Kidnap' For Fall 2015
- Zach Gilford & Jonathan Cake Join USA Pilot 'Stanistan'