Miley Cyrus and her headline-grabbing twerk routine helped the MTV VMAs reach 10.1M viewers on August 25. It also prompted 150 irate official complaint filings over at the FCC, according to documents received by The Smoking Gun. Some compare it to the Janet Jackson Super Bowl Nipple-gate of 2004 on CBS in an MTV-produced halftime show and led to a $550,000 fine. Many of the FCC complaints term Cyrus’s grinding on singer Robin Thicke as “obscene” and “indecent” with one saying, “Had I wanted my family to see a hooker perform a live sex show, I would have taken them to Tijuana.” Others call for FCC fines to MTV, Cyrus, and even Thicke for being the guy who got twerked on. Unfortunately for outraged tsk-tskers, Cyrus’s MTV stunt was broadcast on the cable network – so the FCC can’t touch it.
FCC Airs Miley Cyrus Twerking Complaints
What's Hot on Deadline
DGA Awards: Alejandro G. Iñárritu Wins Feature Film Award For 'The Revenant'; HBO Cleans Up With Wins For 'Game Of Thrones', 'Veep' & 'Bessie' - Full List
'Kung Fu Panda 3' Does Touchdown Dance With $21M As Super Bowl Weekend Slaughters 'Zombies', 'Choice': Sunday B.O.
DGA Awards: Inarritu's Big Win Gives Momentum To 'Revenant' But Keeps Best Picture Race In The Undecided Column
'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Reaches Unprecedented Height At Domestic B.O. With $900M, $2B Worldwide
'Revenant', 'Martian' & More In Global Milestones; 'Kung Fu Panda' Tops $100M In China - Intl Box Office Update
Latest TV News
- Barack Obama Wins Soft Bowl With CBS’ Gayle King In Super Bowl Interview
- ABC’s GOP Debate Wins Saturday, Draws 13.2 Million Viewers
- Ray Colcord Dies: Emmy-Nominated Television Composer Was 66
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Solid With Host Larry David
- Three Best GOP Debate Moments – From Ben Carson’s Kickoff Fumble To Candidate Contretemps
- Video – Ben Stiller, Owen Wilson Zoolander-ize Hillary, Bernie & Donald On ‘SNL’