HBO’s Behind The Candelabra will be front and center during the Primetime Emmys on September 22. Elton John will make his first appearance at awards show, performing to pay tribute to Liberace, the subject of Steven Soderbergh’s biopic that has earned 15 nominations. Nominees Michael Douglas, who played Liberace in the movie, and co-star Matt Damon were already announced as presenters for the ceremony, which will air live on CBS with Neil Patrick Harris hosting. John’s latest album, produced by T Bone Burnett, will be released September 24.
EMMYS: Elton John To Perform Liberace Tribute
What's Hot on Deadline
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
California Pol To Wolf Blitzer: Donald Trump "Spinning Out Of Control", Serious Security Threat, Has To Go
Latest Awardsline News
- Film Academy Investigating President John Bailey For Sexual Harassment
- SXSW Film Festival Jury Awards: ‘Thunder Road’ By Jim Cummings Wins Narrative
- Deadline’s Contenders Emmys: Invites Out Today For April 15 Event; Star-Filled Lineup Includes Record 100+…
- Frances McDormand’s Oscar Stolen & Recovered; Suspect, Who Posted Video On Facebook, Is Charged
- ‘Hamilton’ Nabs Record 13 Olivier Awards Nominations; Bryan Cranston Gets First Nod
- Oscars Aftermath: Behind The Scenes At The Show & Parties On An Emotional Night To Remember