Ellie Kemper has been cast in Sex Tape, the Sony Pictures comedy directed by Jake Kasdan that was just shifted to a July 18, 2014 release date. Cameron Diaz and Jason Segel star in the pic about young parents whose raunchy home video is accidentally synched to a handful of other devices (including her mother’s and the mailman’s), and they embark on a wild quest to retrieve them. Rob Corddry and Rob Lowe co-star. Kate Angelo wrote the original screenplay that was revised by Kasdan, Segel and Nicholas Stoller. On the big screen, Kemper broke out in Bridesmaids and will next be seen in Lynn Shelton’s Laggies opposite Keira Knightley. On TV, Kemper appeared on the final five seasons of NBC’s The Office and currently has a recurring role on Fox’s The Mindy Project. She is repped by WME and Mosaic.
‘The Office’s Ellie Kemper Joins ‘Sex Tape’
Trending Now on Deadline
Ryan Murphy & His 'Glee' Co-Creators Get Fox Series Order For Comedy-Horror Anthology 'Scream Queens'
Alamo Drafthouse's Tim League: Make A Place For Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, And Film Stock In Digital Future
More From Team
- UPDATE: Hollywood Reacts, R.I.P. Fashion Designer Oscar De La Renta
- Lucas Hedges & Penn Badgley Join 'The Slap' Miniseries On NBC; 'Full Circle' Sets Cast
- 'Gold Rush' 5th Season Debut Hits Ratings Motherlode For Discovery
- OSCARS: Eight Documentary Shorts On 2014 Shortlist
- Roger Howarth Joins 'The Flash'; Ryan Hurst In 'Bates Motel'
- Disney Animation Unveils 'Moana' From 'Little Mermaid' Filmmakers For November 2016