EXCLUSIVE: E!‘s Hamlet has found his Ophelia. Haley Lu Richardson (Ravenswood) has been cast in the network’s pilot The Royals, a contemporary drama about a fictional royal family informed by the regal opulence of the British monarchy and framed by Shakespeare’s Hamlet. Also cast in the pilot, from Lionsgate TV and creator Mark Schwahn, is Australian newcomer Alexandra Park (Home and Away). The Royals centers on Prince Liam (William Moseley) who is thrust in the spotlight after his older brother, the beloved Prince Robert, is killed in a military training accident. Liam is in love with a young American woman, Ophelia (Richardson), the daughter of the royal family’s head of security who is studying art history and dance and who helps him cope with the loss of his brother and his new position as the next King of England. But her secret romance with Liam will bring her into conflict with the Queen (Liz Hurley). In her U.S. debut, Park, repped by Silver Lining, UTA and Australia’s Rise Media, will play the queen’s daughter and Liam’s sister, Princess Eleanor, the sexy princess with a party hard lifestyle. Richardson is with Gersh and Coast to Coast.
E! ‘Royals’ Pilot Casts Its Ophelia & Princess
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Renews & Expands 'Southern Charm', Sets More 'Shahs Of Sunset' & 'Million Dollar Listing New York'
Latest TV News
- Donald Trump To Bill O’Reilly: NBC Releasing 2005 Bus Tape “Was An Illegal Act”
- Rhys Ward, Thomas Cadrot & Anjali Jay Join Lifetime’s ‘Midsummer's Nightmare’ Pilot
- SAG-AFTRA Teams With ATA To Pay Actors’ Unclaimed Residuals
- Mike Pence’s Plane With Press Aboard Skids Off NY Runway; No Injuries
- NBCUniversal & Comcast Slapped With Age Discrimination Suit By Ex-E! SVP
- New Orleans’ French Quarter Gangster Past Getting TV Treatment From Vermilion & Rubicon