EXCLUSIVE: E!‘s Hamlet has found his Ophelia. Haley Lu Richardson (Ravenswood) has been cast in the network’s pilot The Royals, a contemporary drama about a fictional royal family informed by the regal opulence of the British monarchy and framed by Shakespeare’s Hamlet. Also cast in the pilot, from Lionsgate TV and creator Mark Schwahn, is Australian newcomer Alexandra Park (Home and Away). The Royals centers on Prince Liam (William Moseley) who is thrust in the spotlight after his older brother, the beloved Prince Robert, is killed in a military training accident. Liam is in love with a young American woman, Ophelia (Richardson), the daughter of the royal family’s head of security who is studying art history and dance and who helps him cope with the loss of his brother and his new position as the next King of England. But her secret romance with Liam will bring her into conflict with the Queen (Liz Hurley). In her U.S. debut, Park, repped by Silver Lining, UTA and Australia’s Rise Media, will play the queen’s daughter and Liam’s sister, Princess Eleanor, the sexy princess with a party hard lifestyle. Richardson is with Gersh and Coast to Coast.
E! ‘Royals’ Pilot Casts Its Ophelia & Princess
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pacific Rim: Uprising' Doesn't Create Waves At $26M+; 'Black Panther' Sets Marvel Record & Beats 'Avengers'
'Isle Of Dogs': Kunichi Nomura On The Asian Authenticity Of Wes Anderson's Stop-Motion Canine Adventure
Latest TV News
- Netflix Teams With Formula 1 Racing For New Series
- Bill Maher Says Breitbart & Bannon Just Bitter Hollywood Failures
- ‘The Simpsons’ Offers Fresh Video Send-up Of Trump Foibles: ‘A Tale Of Two Trumps’
- SAG-AFTRA Mourns NYC Firefighter Killed Battling Blaze On Movie Set
- DuShon Monique Brown Dies: ‘Chicago Fire’ Actress Was 49
- ‘Steps’: Ryan Michelle Bathe Cast As A Lead In ABC Comedy Pilot