EXCLUSIVE: The Chronicles Of Narnia‘s William Moseley is set to star opposite Elizabeth Hurley in the hourlong E! pilot The Royals, from Lionsgate TV and One Tree Hill creator Mark Schwahn. It is a contemporary drama about a fictional royal family informed by the regal opulence of the British monarchy and framed by Shakespeare’s Hamlet; a tale of men and women corrupted by power, wealth and desire. Moseley, repped by APA, Intellectual Artists and attorney Lev Ginsburg, will play Prince Liam, the younger brother to the beloved Prince Robert. When Robert is killed in a military training accident, Liam is thrust into a spotlight. Sexy, charming and smart, he’s in love with a young American woman, Ophelia, who helps him cope with the loss of his brother and his new position as the next King of England. Liam bristles at the strict rules, which govern the monarchy: being told what to say, where to go and how to it. At the root of it all, Liam has lived in Robert’s shadow and worries that he is not a credible successor. Hurley plays Liam’s mother, Queen Helena.
E! Pilot ‘The Royals’ Casts Its Prince
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland' Bows Overseas With $26.7M, 'Ultron' Dominates With $45.8M, 'Mad Max' Adds $38.2M, 'Spy' Nabs $12.5M
Cannes Winners: The French Did Well, The Italians Didn't - But Who's Complaining After Cinema's World Cup?
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
Hot Cannes 'Circle' Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In 'Assassin's Creed', New 'Bourne' Film
Latest TV News
- Netflix Rumored To Want Gerard Depardieu For French ‘House Of Cards’
- Anne Meara Dies; Actress, Comedian Of Stiller Family Was 85
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel