EXCLUSIVE: The Chronicles Of Narnia‘s William Moseley is set to star opposite Elizabeth Hurley in the hourlong E! pilot The Royals, from Lionsgate TV and One Tree Hill creator Mark Schwahn. It is a contemporary drama about a fictional royal family informed by the regal opulence of the British monarchy and framed by Shakespeare’s Hamlet; a tale of men and women corrupted by power, wealth and desire. Moseley, repped by APA, Intellectual Artists and attorney Lev Ginsburg, will play Prince Liam, the younger brother to the beloved Prince Robert. When Robert is killed in a military training accident, Liam is thrust into a spotlight. Sexy, charming and smart, he’s in love with a young American woman, Ophelia, who helps him cope with the loss of his brother and his new position as the next King of England. Liam bristles at the strict rules, which govern the monarchy: being told what to say, where to go and how to it. At the root of it all, Liam has lived in Robert’s shadow and worries that he is not a credible successor. Hurley plays Liam’s mother, Queen Helena.
E! Pilot ‘The Royals’ Casts Its Prince
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par In Households, Slip In Demo With Host Cameron Diaz
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox
- Resolution's Cynthia Booth & Emma Lewis Join Don Buchwald & Associates