Lifetime has given a pilot order to The Lottery, a futuristic conspiracy thriller. Written by feature/longform writer Timothy J. Sexton (Children Of Men, Boycott), Lottery is set in a world destined for extinction as women have stopped having children. When remarkably 100 embryos are successfully fertilized, a national lottery is held to decide the surrogates. As conflict, control and mystery over this important scientific breakthrough unfolds, government interests and power begin to dominate one of the most personal and basic elements of humanity — the right to have a family. Oscar-nominated Sexton executive produces with Dawn Olmstead (Prison Break) whose Grady Girl Prods will co-produce with Warner Horizon Television. The order for The Lottery comes on the heels of the green light for Deliverance Creek, a two-hour backdoor pilot from Nicholas Sparks Prods, also produced by Warner Horizon. They join Lifetime pilots HR and Unreal.
Dystopian Future Drama ‘The Lottery’ From Timothy J. Sexton Gets Lifetime Pilot Order
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
About 1 Million Watch Chelsea Handler Say So Long To E! As Gwen Stefani Nearly Fumbles Another TV Appearance: Video
More From Andreeva
- 'Friends' Stars Reprise Their Roles On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live'
- Family Man Comedy From Bill Wrubel Gets CBS Pilot Production Commitment
- Fox Buys Sci-Fi Drama 'Nod' From Jason Richman & Chernin Co.
- Rila Fukushima Joins 'Arrow', Riley Voelkel Cast In 'Point Of Honor'
- Fox Buys College Comedy From Weezer Frontman Rivers Cuomo & 'Psych' Creator Steve Franks As Put Pilot
- Jason Bateman's Aggregate Films Reups Film & TV Deal With Universal, Hires Executive