Lifetime has given a pilot order to The Lottery, a futuristic conspiracy thriller. Written by feature/longform writer Timothy J. Sexton (Children Of Men, Boycott), Lottery is set in a world destined for extinction as women have stopped having children. When remarkably 100 embryos are successfully fertilized, a national lottery is held to decide the surrogates. As conflict, control and mystery over this important scientific breakthrough unfolds, government interests and power begin to dominate one of the most personal and basic elements of humanity — the right to have a family. Oscar-nominated Sexton executive produces with Dawn Olmstead (Prison Break) whose Grady Girl Prods will co-produce with Warner Horizon Television. The order for The Lottery comes on the heels of the green light for Deliverance Creek, a two-hour backdoor pilot from Nicholas Sparks Prods, also produced by Warner Horizon. They join Lifetime pilots HR and Unreal.
Dystopian Future Drama ‘The Lottery’ From Timothy J. Sexton Gets Lifetime Pilot Order
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Raycom Media TV Stations Blacked Out By DirecTV In Carriage Dispute
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over