Lifetime has given a pilot order to The Lottery, a futuristic conspiracy thriller. Written by feature/longform writer Timothy J. Sexton (Children Of Men, Boycott), Lottery is set in a world destined for extinction as women have stopped having children. When remarkably 100 embryos are successfully fertilized, a national lottery is held to decide the surrogates. As conflict, control and mystery over this important scientific breakthrough unfolds, government interests and power begin to dominate one of the most personal and basic elements of humanity — the right to have a family. Oscar-nominated Sexton executive produces with Dawn Olmstead (Prison Break) whose Grady Girl Prods will co-produce with Warner Horizon Television. The order for The Lottery comes on the heels of the green light for Deliverance Creek, a two-hour backdoor pilot from Nicholas Sparks Prods, also produced by Warner Horizon. They join Lifetime pilots HR and Unreal.
Dystopian Future Drama ‘The Lottery’ From Timothy J. Sexton Gets Lifetime Pilot Order
What's Hot on Deadline
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
Donald Trump Tweets Sen. Gillibrand Offered To "Do Anything" When "Begging" For Campaign Contributions
Latest TV News
- SXSW Announces Lyor Cohen As Keynote, ‘This Is Us’, ‘The Chi’ Cast & Creators As Featured Speakers
- ‘Caught In Providence’ Court Show Picked Up By Fox Stations For Fall 2018
- Keaton Jones’ Mom On Confederate Flag: “We’re Not Racist”, She Tells Morning News Shows
- BritBox Steals March On SVOD Rivals With ‘Vera’ Deal
- Sen. Gillibrand Responds To Donald Trump’s Vulgar Tweet: “You Cannot Silence Me”
- Donald Trump Tweets Sen. Gillibrand Offered To “Do Anything” When “Begging” For Campaign Contributions