Oscar-winning director Robert Zemeckis has teamed with the creator/executive producer of A&E’s drama The Glades, Clifton Campbell for Billy Ray, a drama series project that has landed a put pilot commitment at Fox. Written by Campbell and to be directed by Zemeckis, Billy Ray is described as a character-driven drama about a family thrown into chaos when the child who was stolen from them as a baby is returned 16 years later after being raised in rural Alabama by someone with a questionable past. Campbell and Zemeckis executive produce with Jack Rapke and Jackie Levine. There is no studio yet for the drama, which will be co-produced by Compari Entertainment. This would mark Zemeckis’ first series in 15 years and the first series-directing gig since the cult HBO anthology Tales From The Crypt. Campbell spent the past several years working on his series The Glades, which was recently cancelled by A&E after four seasons. It was the first A&E scripted series to stick and helped establish the network’s scripted brand.
Drama From Robert Zemeckis & ‘The Glades’ Creator Gets Fox Put Pilot Commitment
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill Maher Under Gun Over Late-'90s Video Condoning Sex Between 33-Year-Old Teacher And 12-Year-Old Student
'Beauty And The Beast' Roars On To Tracking, Looking To Shake Up March Records - Box Office Projection
Latest TV News
- Stephen Colbert Opens ‘Late Show’ With Message To Donald Trump From Bathroom Signs
- ‘Nashville’ Star Exits After Plot Twist On CMT Country Music Drama Series
- ‘Tonight Show’ Reveals How Donald Trump’s Staff Gathers Flattering News Footage
- Caitlyn Jenner Scolds Donald Trump For Revoking Transgender Protections – Update
- Lea Michele Cast In ABC Mayor Comedy Pilot; What About ‘Scream Queens’?
- Stephen Hopkins To Direct Fox Pilot ‘The Beast’; Jason Ensler To Helm NBC’s ‘Redliners’