The film of the backstory of the villain from the Sleeping Beauty fairy tale starring Angelina Jolie’s is coming out earlier now while the release date of Pixar’s The Good Dinosaur has been moved back a year and a half, Disney announced today. Avoiding a pile up with the World Cup plus Transformers 4 and Fast & Furious 7, Maleficent will now be out on May 30, 2014 as opposed to July 2. Taking Pixar’s only 2014 release off the calendar for that year, The Good Dinosaur is now moving from that May 30, 2014 date to November 24, 2015. Long awaited Nemo sequel Finding Dory has been moved to a June 17, 2016 release in 3D from its previous November 25, 2015 date, now occupied by Good Dinosaur. Undoubtedly related, director Bob Peterson exited Good Dinosaur late last month and no official single replacement has been announced. Other announcements and moves in Disney’s release schedule Wednesday see The Fifth Estate now moving to a wide release on October 18 from its previous limited status and the Kevin Costner-starring high school track pic McFarland getting a November 21, 2014 release.
Disney Shifts ‘Maleficent’, ‘Good Dinosaur’ & ‘Finding Dory’ Release Dates
What's Hot on Deadline
Thanksgiving Box Office +12% Over 2014, Boosted By 'Mockingjay 2', 'Good Dinosaur' & 'Creed' - Sunday AM Final Update
'Gods Of Egypt': 'Selma' Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity - Update
'Mockingjay' Rules Roost; 'Good Dinosaur' Hatches With $29M; 'The Martian' Lands $50M In China - Intl Box Office Update
’The Danish Girl’ Bows With Style; 'Janis: Little Girl Blue' Solid In Debut; 'Carol’ Dominates Thanksgiving: Specialty B.O.
Universal Lands Hot Novel 'The Girl Before'; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
Latest Film News
- ‘Mockingjay’ Rules Roost; ‘Good Dinosaur’ Hatches With $29M; ‘The Martian’ Lands $50M In China – Intl Box…
- 'The Danish Girl' Bows With Style; ‘Janis: Little Girl Blue’ Solid In Debut; ‘Carol' Dominates Thanksgiving…
- ‘The Assassin’, ‘Carol’, ‘Mad Max: Fury Road’ Top BFI Sight & Sound’s Best…
- Will DiCaprio, Depp Or Smith Nab Best Actor Oscar Or Does Redmayne Take It Again? — Awardsline
- ‘Gods Of Egypt’: ‘Selma’ Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity…
- ‘Steve Jobs’ Composer Daniel Pemberton: Video Of ‘Circle Of Machines’ Performance