It’s either real down and dirty guerrilla marketing or someone really doesn’t like NBC. Seems a bunch of stickers recently went up on signs and parking meters in Hollywood distressing the network’s name and bleeding their multi-colored Peacock logo black. Now, it’s nowhere as brazen or as prevalent as the WME-backed anti-CAA ads that ran at LA’s Century City mall back in early June. However, with the fall season about to start, the timing is spot on as all the networks jockeying for as much promotional space as possible and some still say there’s ultimately no such thing as bad publicity. Your call on this one. I’ll update if we find out more about these stickers.
Did NBC Get Sticker Bombed In Hollywood?
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Patten
- 'Dating Naked' Lawsuit Seeks To Strip Viacom Of $10M For Showing Too Much
- Al Gore Claims “Financially Disastrous” Al Jazeera Decisions Are Why Cash From Current TV Sale Is Being Withheld
- NBCU Slammed In Second Age-Discrimination Lawsuit By Emmy-Winning Former KNBC Producer
- 'Survivor' Editors Win IATSE Contract With Mark Burnett Company
- 'Criminal Minds' Star Sued By Ex-Manager Over Commissions
- RATINGS RAT RACE: 'America's Got Talent' & 'Extreme Weight Loss' Down, 'Food Fighters' Rises As NBC Wins Night