It’s either real down and dirty guerrilla marketing or someone really doesn’t like NBC. Seems a bunch of stickers recently went up on signs and parking meters in Hollywood distressing the network’s name and bleeding their multi-colored Peacock logo black. Now, it’s nowhere as brazen or as prevalent as the WME-backed anti-CAA ads that ran at LA’s Century City mall back in early June. However, with the fall season about to start, the timing is spot on as all the networks jockeying for as much promotional space as possible and some still say there’s ultimately no such thing as bad publicity. Your call on this one. I’ll update if we find out more about these stickers.
Did NBC Get Sticker Bombed In Hollywood?
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Patten
- MPAA Plans Runaway Production Summit In D.C.
- Warner Bros Could Be Haunted By New 'Conjuring' Producer Lawsuit
- UPDATE: RATINGS RAT RACE: 'Under The Dome', 'Mistresses' Finale & 'Running Wild' Down On Holiday, 'MasterChef' & 'ANW' Steady
- RATINGS RAT RACE: MDA Telethon Even, 'Big Brother' Down & 'Reckless' Surges As CBS Wins Night
- UPDATED: MPAA Weighs In; Action! California Senate Overwhelmingly Passes $330M Film & TV Tax Credit Expansion
- ICM Partners Trying To Head Off Interns' Class Action Lawsuit