Daniel Porter made his mark in the gaming space with OMGPOP and Zynga and now will be tasked with overseeing all of WME‘s online and mobile initiatives and help identify digital opportunities for clients. Based in the agency’s New York office as head of the Digital Department, he will work closely with Chris Jacquemin, who will continue to focus on digital content for agency clients via channel strategies and online packaging negotiations. Porter oversaw the design and release of OMGPOP’s Draw Something, now the third most downloaded game ever, and helped orchestrate OMGPOP’s sale to Zynga in 2012; most recently he was VP and General Manager of Zynga New York. His previous titles include SVP Corporate Development for Richard Branson’s Virgin Group, and he also helped develop TicketWeb, an online ticketing company eventually sold to Ticketmaster. Porter is the founder of the entrepreneurial organization Inside Startups and sits on the board of Venture for America.
WME Appoints Former OMGPOP Boss Head Of Digital
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Hipes
- Harve Bennett Dies: Producer Of ‘Star Trek’ Movies & TV Classics Was 84
- Steven Spielberg’s ‘The BFG’ Takes Giant Step Forward As Walden Comes Aboard
- Tribeca Film Festival Sets Spotlight, Midnight & Special Screening Sidebars
- Eddie Redmayne’s ‘Danish Girl’ And Saoirse Ronan’s ‘Brooklyn’ Get Release Dates
- ‘Avengers: Age Of Ultron’ Trailer: Where’s Spider-Man When You Need Him?