Netflix‘s Ted Sarandos will headline the 9th annual confab hosted by Film Independent with an October 26 Executive Keynote speech addressing “the possibilities and the risks ahead for filmmakers in this new media age.” The nonprofit org which also produces the LA Film Festival and the Film Independent Spirit Awards has also tapped filmmaker Ava DuVernay (Middle Of Nowhere) to deliver its Filmmaker Keynote the following day. The 2013 edition, held over the October 25-27 weekend, kicks off with a Dallas Buyers Club screening and Q&A.
‘Dallas Buyers Club’, Ted Sarandos & Ava DuVernay Set For Film Independent Forum
What's Hot on Deadline
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
California Pol To Wolf Blitzer: Donald Trump "Spinning Out Of Control", Serious Security Threat, Has To Go
Latest Film News
- ‘Black Panther’ Poised For $460M+ In Profit; ‘I Can Only Imagine’ Surprises – Box Office Update
- Shia LaBeouf, Lucas Hedges To Star In ‘Honey Boy’
- ‘Augie’ Review: Fitness Giant’s ALS Struggle Makes For Moving Love Story
- ‘Can You Ever Forgive Me?’ First Look Trailer Showcases Melissa McCarthy As Literary Forger Lee Israel
- Saudi Arabia Fund Deal For Endeavor Stake Could Close In Week’s Time For $400M
- Female Director Scorecard: MGM’s ‘Taking Flight,’ Others In Wings