Dakota Fanning and Theo James are set to star opposite Richard Gere in indie drama Franny. Fanning will take on the role of Olivia and James will play Luke in the pic, which centers on a gregarious hedonist (Gere) who finds a renewed sense of purpose by desperately ingratiating himself into the lives of a young couple. Andrew Renzi is directing from his own script, which he developed at this year’s Sundance Screenwriters Lab. Treehouse Pictures, Thomas B. Fore, Jason Michael Berman and Jay Schuminsky are producing, with Michael Finley, Ruth Mutch, Walter Kortschak, Justin Nappi, Shelley Browning, Michael Diamond, George Paaswell, Andrew Corkin and John Friedberg exec producing. Co-Producers are Brett Potter and Andrew Kortschak. Shooting is set to begin October 21 in Philadelphia. Fanning will next be seen in Amy Berg’s Every Secret Thing. James is set to star in Summit’s next YA franchise Divergent opposite Shailene Woodley. Fanning is repped by WME and Echo Lake Management; James by WME in the U.S. and Markham, Froggatt and Irwin in the UK.
Dakota Fanning, Theo James Board Richard Gere’s ‘Franny’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Film Arcade And Paramount Team On Romantic Comedy 'Love, Rosie'
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' (Video)
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'