Dakota Fanning and Theo James are set to star opposite Richard Gere in indie drama Franny. Fanning will take on the role of Olivia and James will play Luke in the pic, which centers on a gregarious hedonist (Gere) who finds a renewed sense of purpose by desperately ingratiating himself into the lives of a young couple. Andrew Renzi is directing from his own script, which he developed at this year’s Sundance Screenwriters Lab. Treehouse Pictures, Thomas B. Fore, Jason Michael Berman and Jay Schuminsky are producing, with Michael Finley, Ruth Mutch, Walter Kortschak, Justin Nappi, Shelley Browning, Michael Diamond, George Paaswell, Andrew Corkin and John Friedberg exec producing. Co-Producers are Brett Potter and Andrew Kortschak. Shooting is set to begin October 21 in Philadelphia. Fanning will next be seen in Amy Berg’s Every Secret Thing. James is set to star in Summit’s next YA franchise Divergent opposite Shailene Woodley. Fanning is repped by WME and Echo Lake Management; James by WME in the U.S. and Markham, Froggatt and Irwin in the UK.
Dakota Fanning, Theo James Board Richard Gere’s ‘Franny’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- Katherine McNamara Books 'The Maze Runner 2′ & 'Indiscretion'
- Brad Pitt's Plan B To Receive PGA's 2015 Visionary Award
- 'The Omen' & 'The Krays' Billie Whitelaw Dead At 82
- Candy Crowley Saluted By Colleagues, Competition, Late-Night Hosts And Robot - Video
- 'Kim Jong-un' Targets Christmas Shoppers On SNL's 'Weekend Update'