Dakota Fanning and Theo James are set to star opposite Richard Gere in indie drama Franny. Fanning will take on the role of Olivia and James will play Luke in the pic, which centers on a gregarious hedonist (Gere) who finds a renewed sense of purpose by desperately ingratiating himself into the lives of a young couple. Andrew Renzi is directing from his own script, which he developed at this year’s Sundance Screenwriters Lab. Treehouse Pictures, Thomas B. Fore, Jason Michael Berman and Jay Schuminsky are producing, with Michael Finley, Ruth Mutch, Walter Kortschak, Justin Nappi, Shelley Browning, Michael Diamond, George Paaswell, Andrew Corkin and John Friedberg exec producing. Co-Producers are Brett Potter and Andrew Kortschak. Shooting is set to begin October 21 in Philadelphia. Fanning will next be seen in Amy Berg’s Every Secret Thing. James is set to star in Summit’s next YA franchise Divergent opposite Shailene Woodley. Fanning is repped by WME and Echo Lake Management; James by WME in the U.S. and Markham, Froggatt and Irwin in the UK.
Dakota Fanning, Theo James Board Richard Gere’s ‘Franny’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- UPDATE: Warner Bros Moves Up 'Entourage' Release By A Week
- Terry Keenan Dead: Longtime Business Reporter-Anchor At CNN, CNBC & Fox News
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC