Columbia Pictures has moved Annie‘s release back to December 19, 2014 from its original Christmas Day release. For now the Quvenzhané Wallis-starrer has the December 19th date to itself. Will Gluck directs the reimagining of the stage musical and is rewriting the current script, revising a screenplay written by Emma Thompson and rewritten by Aline Brosh McKenna based on the musical, which is based on the Little Orphan Annie comic strip. Pic also stars Jamie Foxx, Rose Byrne, Bobby Cannavale, and Cameron Diaz. Gluck is producing with James Lassiter, Jada Pinkett Smith and Will Smith via Overbrook Entertainment, along with Shawn “Jay Z” Carter, Jay Brown and Tyran “Ty Ty” Smith through Marcy Media.
Columbia Shifts ‘Annie’ Release By A Week
What's Hot on Deadline
Relativity Changes Coming Fast Today -- Sports Division Head And Co-Chief Out; Ron Burkle Takes Over
Latest Film News
- Relativity Changes Coming Fast Today — Sports Division Head And Co-Chief Out; Ron Burkle Takes Over
- Edie Falco Set For Biopic ‘Megan Leavey’
- ‘Janis: Little Girl Blue’ Acquired By FilmRise For November Bow
- ‘Ray Donovan’s Liev Schreiber, Naomi Watts To Star In Chuck Wepner Underdog Ring Saga ‘The Bleeder’
- Luc Besson’s ‘Valerian’ Calling On Aspiring Artists: Another ‘Fifth Element’ Fashion Statement?
- Shout! Acquires All U.S. Rights To Arcana Studios’ H.P. Lovecraft Animated Film