Columbia Pictures has moved Annie‘s release back to December 19, 2014 from its original Christmas Day release. For now the Quvenzhané Wallis-starrer has the December 19th date to itself. Will Gluck directs the reimagining of the stage musical and is rewriting the current script, revising a screenplay written by Emma Thompson and rewritten by Aline Brosh McKenna based on the musical, which is based on the Little Orphan Annie comic strip. Pic also stars Jamie Foxx, Rose Byrne, Bobby Cannavale, and Cameron Diaz. Gluck is producing with James Lassiter, Jada Pinkett Smith and Will Smith via Overbrook Entertainment, along with Shawn “Jay Z” Carter, Jay Brown and Tyran “Ty Ty” Smith through Marcy Media.
Columbia Shifts ‘Annie’ Release By A Week
Trending Now on Deadline
NBC Cameraman Declared Ebola-Free; Tries To Rescue Nancy Snyderman From Self-Inflicted Career Disaster -- UPDATE
More From Team
- Create Advertising Group Ups Carrie Gormley & Jonathan Gitlin
- Karen Pittman Joins 'The Americans'; Gloria Reuben In 'Mr. Robot'
- 'Below Deck' Renewed For Third Season By Bravo
- 'Shark Tank' Spinoff 'Beyond The Tank' Ordered At ABC
- 'Cold Justice' Spinoff Greenlit By TNT
- Hollywood Film Awards Sets 18 Categories