Columbia Pictures has moved Annie‘s release back to December 19, 2014 from its original Christmas Day release. For now the Quvenzhané Wallis-starrer has the December 19th date to itself. Will Gluck directs the reimagining of the stage musical and is rewriting the current script, revising a screenplay written by Emma Thompson and rewritten by Aline Brosh McKenna based on the musical, which is based on the Little Orphan Annie comic strip. Pic also stars Jamie Foxx, Rose Byrne, Bobby Cannavale, and Cameron Diaz. Gluck is producing with James Lassiter, Jada Pinkett Smith and Will Smith via Overbrook Entertainment, along with Shawn “Jay Z” Carter, Jay Brown and Tyran “Ty Ty” Smith through Marcy Media.
Columbia Shifts ‘Annie’ Release By A Week
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Team
- Hulu Inks Streaming Deal For FX Series, Including 'Tyrant', 'The Strain' & 'AHS'
- Byron Pitts Replacing Dan Abrams As 'Nightline' Anchor
- 'Orphan Black' Season 3: “This Is War” — Video
- Graham Norton, 'Modern Family' Lead British Comedy Awards; Sony TV Ad Sales Inks With Jewish Life TV
- 'Hollywood Divas' Renewed For Second Season On TV One
- Scott Pelley Anchors 'CBS Evening News' From Havana - Video