Lionsgate label Codeblack Films has picked up North American rights to Frankie & Alice and has set an April 4, 2014 release date. The deal ends a long-in-coming domestic deal for the Halle Berry drama thriller about a woman with multiple personality disorder who struggles to cope with her disease. The pic debuted in the Cannes market in 2010 and played that’s year’s AFI Fest but stalled after that. Stellan Skarsgard, Phylicia Rashad and Chandra Wilson co-star and Geoffrey Sax directed. The pic seems a good fit at Codeblack, which focuses on features for the African American market. It teamed in July with Summit Entertainment and Hartbeat Productions to release the concert film Kevin Hart: Let Me Explain, which has grossed $32.4 million to date. Codeblack also just made a deal for rights to the Flyy Girl book trilogy written by New York Times bestselling author Omar Tyree, and has pics in the works including suspense thriller Repentance starring Forest Whitaker, Anthony Mackie and Sanaa Lathan; romantic drama Things Never Said starring Omari Hardwick and Shanola Hampton; and The Inevitable Defeat Of Mister & Pete starring Jennifer Hudson. Codeblack Films GM Quincy Newell negotiated the Frankie & Alice acquisition with David B. Strapko of 37 Star Media Fund Corp and Stephanie Denton of New Cadence Entertainment.
Codeblack Acquires Halle Berry-Starrer ‘Frankie & Alice’
What's Hot on Deadline
Skirball Fire: Officials Determine Cause Of Bel-Air Blaze; Thomas Fire Still Unchecked; Apple Donates $1M - Update
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
Latest Film News
- National Film Registry Adds ‘Die Hard’, ‘The Goonies’, ‘Titanic’ & More…
- Pat DiNizio Dies: Smithereens Songwriter-Guitarist And Soundtrack Artist Was 62
- ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Review: About As Much Fun As You Could Have At The Movies
- ‘Call Me By Your Name’ Team On Creating Intimacy On Screen For Story Of First Love – The Contenders Video
- Jennifer Lawrence To Star In ‘Burial Rites’ With ‘Call Me By Your Name’ Helmer Luca…
- LAPD Opens New Roman Polanski Probe About Alleged 1975 Assault Of 10-Year-Old