Veteran re-recording mixer Andy Nelson will be presented with the Cinema Audio Society’s Career Achievement Award at the 50th CAS Awards on February 22, 2014 at the Millennium-Biltmore Hotel in Los Angeles. “I am thrilled to announce Andy Nelson as this year’s Cinema Audio Society Career Achievement honoree. Andy is a long time colleague, and I have had the pleasure of watching Andy skyrocket to the top of our craft over these last few years,” David Fluhr, Cinema Audio Society President, said today in a statement. Nelson has received 18 nominations for the CAS Award for Outstanding Achievement in Sound Mixing for a Feature Film, winning in 2013 for Les Misérables and in 1999 for Saving Private Ryan. He also received Oscars for those same films. Nelson also has received 14 BAFTA nominations, winning five awards, again for Les Misérables and Saving Private Ryan along with Moulin Rouge, L.A. Confidential and Braveheart.
Cinema Audio Society To Honor Andy Nelson With Career Achievement Award
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- Brad Pitt's Plan B To Receive PGA's 2015 Visionary Award
- 'The Omen' & 'The Krays' Billie Whitelaw Dead At 82
- UK Magician Troy Von Scheibner To Star In New Unscripted Series On Syfy
- Candy Crowley Saluted By Colleagues, Competition, Late-Night Hosts And Robot - Video
- 'Kim Jong-un' Targets Christmas Shoppers On SNL's 'Weekend Update'
- Dr. Evil Disses Sony, Kim Jong-un, Many Others In Mike Myers' Surprise 'SNL' Return