Veteran re-recording mixer Andy Nelson will be presented with the Cinema Audio Society’s Career Achievement Award at the 50th CAS Awards on February 22, 2014 at the Millennium-Biltmore Hotel in Los Angeles. “I am thrilled to announce Andy Nelson as this year’s Cinema Audio Society Career Achievement honoree. Andy is a long time colleague, and I have had the pleasure of watching Andy skyrocket to the top of our craft over these last few years,” David Fluhr, Cinema Audio Society President, said today in a statement. Nelson has received 18 nominations for the CAS Award for Outstanding Achievement in Sound Mixing for a Feature Film, winning in 2013 for Les Misérables and in 1999 for Saving Private Ryan. He also received Oscars for those same films. Nelson also has received 14 BAFTA nominations, winning five awards, again for Les Misérables and Saving Private Ryan along with Moulin Rouge, L.A. Confidential and Braveheart.
Cinema Audio Society To Honor Andy Nelson With Career Achievement Award
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Ant-Man' Scribes Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari Join 'Transformers' Writers Room: Cybertron Pic In Offing?
Latest Film News
- ‘Aloha’ Review: Cameron Crowe Fights Bad Buzz, Summer Tentpoles With Hawaii-Set Romantic Comedy
- Peter Heller Novel ‘The Painter’ Lands With ‘Fighter’ Scribe Paul Tamasy, ‘Blackfish’ Helmer…
- Universal Hires Telemundo Film Music Exec; Starz Acquires Tribeca Fest Rom-Com ‘Tumbledown’
- CAA Adds Maren Olson To Film Finance & Sales Group
- ‘Pawn Sacrifice’ Trailer: Bobby Fischer Vs. The World In Bleecker Street’s Chess Drama
- Robert E. Howard’s Conan The Barbarian, Kull And Other Creations Acquired By Fredrik Malmberg