Veteran re-recording mixer Andy Nelson will be presented with the Cinema Audio Society’s Career Achievement Award at the 50th CAS Awards on February 22, 2014 at the Millennium-Biltmore Hotel in Los Angeles. “I am thrilled to announce Andy Nelson as this year’s Cinema Audio Society Career Achievement honoree. Andy is a long time colleague, and I have had the pleasure of watching Andy skyrocket to the top of our craft over these last few years,” David Fluhr, Cinema Audio Society President, said today in a statement. Nelson has received 18 nominations for the CAS Award for Outstanding Achievement in Sound Mixing for a Feature Film, winning in 2013 for Les Misérables and in 1999 for Saving Private Ryan. He also received Oscars for those same films. Nelson also has received 14 BAFTA nominations, winning five awards, again for Les Misérables and Saving Private Ryan along with Moulin Rouge, L.A. Confidential and Braveheart.
Cinema Audio Society To Honor Andy Nelson With Career Achievement Award
Trending Now on Deadline
'Ouija' May Scare Up $20M, 'John Wick,' No. 2 With A Bullet, Bill Murray Graces 'St. Vincent' In Box Office Weekend
More From Team
- UPDATE: Warner Bros Moves Up 'Entourage' Release By A Week
- Terry Keenan Dead: Longtime Business Reporter-Anchor At CNN, CNBC & Fox News
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…