Veteran re-recording mixer Andy Nelson will be presented with the Cinema Audio Society’s Career Achievement Award at the 50th CAS Awards on February 22, 2014 at the Millennium-Biltmore Hotel in Los Angeles. “I am thrilled to announce Andy Nelson as this year’s Cinema Audio Society Career Achievement honoree. Andy is a long time colleague, and I have had the pleasure of watching Andy skyrocket to the top of our craft over these last few years,” David Fluhr, Cinema Audio Society President, said today in a statement. Nelson has received 18 nominations for the CAS Award for Outstanding Achievement in Sound Mixing for a Feature Film, winning in 2013 for Les Misérables and in 1999 for Saving Private Ryan. He also received Oscars for those same films. Nelson also has received 14 BAFTA nominations, winning five awards, again for Les Misérables and Saving Private Ryan along with Moulin Rouge, L.A. Confidential and Braveheart.
Cinema Audio Society To Honor Andy Nelson With Career Achievement Award
What's Hot on Deadline
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
'Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle' Review: Dwayne Johnson, Kevin Hart & Jack Black Are In The Game, But Laughs Don't Come Easily
Latest Film News
- ‘Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle’ Review: Dwayne Johnson, Kevin Hart & Jack Black Are In The Game, But Laughs Don’t…
- Who Reps The Black List 2017 Scripts: The Charts
- ‘Darkest Hour’s Gary Oldman Joins Director Joe Wright And Tells Why He Almost Turned Down The Role Of Churchill – The…
- ’13 Reasons Why’ Star Katherine Langford To Topline YA Film ‘Spontaneous’
- ‘Detective Pikachu’ Gets Summer 2019 Release Date
- Saudi Arabia: Theater Owners Trade Group Has “Extensive Plans” For Kingdom’s Cinemas