CBS announced this morning its annual orgy of undies and interesting camera angles known as The Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show will be broadcast on Tuesday, December 10 at 10 PM. Once upon a time, the show was considered quite controversial, and clocked big ratings — the National Organization of Women crowned it “softcore porn.” When ABC, its original primetime broadcast host, decided the show was too hot to handle, CBS picked up the show and has run with it ever since, though the 2004 knickers-fest broadcast was scrubbed in the wake of Janet Jackson’s Super Bowl wardrobe malfunction. Last year’s controversy centered on an outfit that offended Native Americans; the lingerie company issued an apology and removed the offending get-up from the broadcast, which is taped an airs days after the actual runway show. This year’s controversy seems to be a report that boy-band One Direction would perform, which Victoria’s Secret has denied in the strongest possible terms, according to news reports. On the other hand, Victoria’s Secret’s parent company denied, back in 2004, that the broadcast had been cancelled owing to fallout over Jackson’s Super Bowl stunt.
CBS’ ‘Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show’ Back On Dec 10
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pacific Rim: Uprising' Doesn't Create Waves At $26M+; 'Black Panther' Sets Marvel Record & Beats 'Avengers'
Latest TV News
- Where To Watch: ‘March For Our Lives’ Anti-Gun Rallies Take Over Media & World Stages
- Netflix Teams With Formula 1 Racing For New Series
- Bill Maher Says Breitbart & Bannon Just Bitter Hollywood Failures
- ‘The Simpsons’ Offers Fresh Video Send-up Of Trump Foibles: ‘A Tale Of Two Trumps’
- SAG-AFTRA Mourns NYC Firefighter Killed Battling Blaze On Movie Set
- DuShon Monique Brown Dies: ‘Chicago Fire’ Actress Was 49