It was the Manning Bowl III on Sunday, and CBS got the touchdown. As brother Peyton and his Denver Broncos beat younger brother Eli and his New York Giants 41-23, the network scored its best NFL On CBS ratings results for its first nationally televised game of the season since it re-acquired football rights in 1998. With Jacksonville-Oakland on too, the Week 2 doubleheader drew a 17.8/24 overnight rating and share in metered markets. That’s up a strong 24% from the 14.4/28 of last year’s Week 2 NY Jets-Pittsburgh and Tennessee-San Diego games. It is also the day’s best NFL rating — including NBC’s primetime Sunday Night Football. The previous NFL On CBS high was September 19, 2010, when the New England-NY Jets game drew a 16.7/32. By the way, this is the third time in a row that Peyton has beat Eli in a regular-season game. Maybe the next Manning Bowl will come in this year’s Super Bowl?
CBS Scores With 15-Year NFL Ratings High For Manning Brothers’ Faceoff
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill Maher Under Gun Over Late-'90s Video Condoning Sex Between 33-Year-Old Teacher And 12-Year-Old Student
Latest TV News
- ‘How To Get Away With Murder’ Season Finale: Killer Revealed, New Puzzle Posed
- Stephen Colbert Opens ‘Late Show’ With Message To Donald Trump From Bathroom Signs
- ‘Nashville’ Star Exits In Tragic Plot Twist, Reflects On 4.5-Season Run & Its End
- ‘Tonight Show’ Reveals How Donald Trump’s Staff Gathers Flattering News Footage
- Caitlyn Jenner Scolds Donald Trump For Revoking Transgender Protections – Update
- Lea Michele Cast In ABC Mayor Comedy Pilot; What About ‘Scream Queens’?