It was the Manning Bowl III on Sunday, and CBS got the touchdown. As brother Peyton and his Denver Broncos beat younger brother Eli and his New York Giants 41-23, the network scored its best NFL On CBS ratings results for its first nationally televised game of the season since it re-acquired football rights in 1998. With Jacksonville-Oakland on too, the Week 2 doubleheader drew a 17.8/24 overnight rating and share in metered markets. That’s up a strong 24% from the 14.4/28 of last year’s Week 2 NY Jets-Pittsburgh and Tennessee-San Diego games. It is also the day’s best NFL rating — including NBC’s primetime Sunday Night Football. The previous NFL On CBS high was September 19, 2010, when the New England-NY Jets game drew a 16.7/32. By the way, this is the third time in a row that Peyton has beat Eli in a regular-season game. Maybe the next Manning Bowl will come in this year’s Super Bowl?
CBS Scores With 15-Year NFL Ratings High For Manning Brothers’ Faceoff
What's Hot on Deadline
'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Reaches Unprecedented Height At Domestic B.O. With $900M, $2B Worldwide
Lionsgate Plans 17 Films For 2017, Says 'Star Wars' Grabbed $50M-$100M From 'Mockingjay 2'; Stock Falls 27%
Latest TV News
- ‘Shades Of Blue’ Starring Jennifer Lopez Renewed For Season 2 By NBC
- Mandalay Sports Media Teams With OBB Pictures For Sports Projects; 76ers’ Joel Embiid First In Lineup
- ‘Rocky Horror Picture Show’ Casts Ben Vereen; ‘Fear The Walking Dead’ Adds Veronica Diaz
- Worldwide Production Agency Names Five As Partners
- Fox Orders ‘The Enforcers’ Female Buddy Comedy Pilot, Chris Case Family Comedy
- ‘Training Day’: Will Ethan Hawke’s Jake Hoyt Return For TV Series Reboot?