EXCLUSIVE: It has been a strong selling season for feature writer-director John Hamburg (Meet The Parents franchise, I Love You, Man) and former Chuck executive producer Matt Miller. Each already has sold a project with a put pilot commitment. Now the two have teamed for a comedy, which too has landed as a put pilot. CBS has bought the single-camera comedy, Good Session, which is produced by Warner Bros. TV where Miller is under a deal. Written/executive produced by Miller and Hamburg and to be directed by Hamburg if it goes to pilot, Good Session is exploring (via couples counseling sessions) the relationship of a thirtysomething couple from their first meeting (in flashback) through present day, as they decide whether it’s time to have a child. Hamburg, repped by WME and Sloss Eckhouse Law, is executive producing single-camera comedy The Henchman, which has a put pilot commitment at Fox. He has feature Brother From Another Mother set up at Fox. Miller, who served as showrunner on ABC’s 666 Park Ave, has drama Forever at ABC with a put pilot commitment. He also is executive producing/supervising drama Bad Guys at Fox. Repped by WME and McKuin, Frankel, Whitehead.
CBS Nabs Couple Counseling Comedy From John Hamburg And Matt Miller As Put Pilot
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Raycom Media TV Stations Blacked Out By DirecTV In Carriage Dispute
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over