EXCLUSIVE: It has been a strong selling season for feature writer-director John Hamburg (Meet The Parents franchise, I Love You, Man) and former Chuck executive producer Matt Miller. Each already has sold a project with a put pilot commitment. Now the two have teamed for a comedy, which too has landed as a put pilot. CBS has bought the single-camera comedy, Good Session, which is produced by Warner Bros. TV where Miller is under a deal. Written/executive produced by Miller and Hamburg and to be directed by Hamburg if it goes to pilot, Good Session is exploring (via couples counseling sessions) the relationship of a thirtysomething couple from their first meeting (in flashback) through present day, as they decide whether it’s time to have a child. Hamburg, repped by WME and Sloss Eckhouse Law, is executive producing single-camera comedy The Henchman, which has a put pilot commitment at Fox. He has feature Brother From Another Mother set up at Fox. Miller, who served as showrunner on ABC’s 666 Park Ave, has drama Forever at ABC with a put pilot commitment. He also is executive producing/supervising drama Bad Guys at Fox. Repped by WME and McKuin, Frankel, Whitehead.
CBS Nabs Couple Counseling Comedy From John Hamburg And Matt Miller As Put Pilot
Trending Now on Deadline
'Midnight Rider' Trial Date Set For Indicted Filmmakers; 1st Assistant Director Hillary Schwartz Turns Herself In
More From Andreeva
- NBC Buys Legal Drama From Matt Lopez & John Glenn
- Julianna Margulies Inks Production Deal With CBS Studios
- 'Hand Of God' To Go To Series, Two Others Likely As Amazon Studios Starts Making Series Pickup Decisions
- ABC Nabs 1970s Female Cop Drama From Fake Empire & Kapital Entertainment As Put Pilot
- 'Rush Hour' To Be Remade As Action Series From Bill Lawrence & Brett Ratner
- Yvonne Strahovski To Co-Star In ABC's 'Astronaut Wives Club'