EXCLUSIVE: It has been a strong selling season for feature writer-director John Hamburg (Meet The Parents franchise, I Love You, Man) and former Chuck executive producer Matt Miller. Each already has sold a project with a put pilot commitment. Now the two have teamed for a comedy, which too has landed as a put pilot. CBS has bought the single-camera comedy, Good Session, which is produced by Warner Bros. TV where Miller is under a deal. Written/executive produced by Miller and Hamburg and to be directed by Hamburg if it goes to pilot, Good Session is exploring (via couples counseling sessions) the relationship of a thirtysomething couple from their first meeting (in flashback) through present day, as they decide whether it’s time to have a child. Hamburg, repped by WME and Sloss Eckhouse Law, is executive producing single-camera comedy The Henchman, which has a put pilot commitment at Fox. He has feature Brother From Another Mother set up at Fox. Miller, who served as showrunner on ABC’s 666 Park Ave, has drama Forever at ABC with a put pilot commitment. He also is executive producing/supervising drama Bad Guys at Fox. Repped by WME and McKuin, Frankel, Whitehead.
CBS Nabs Couple Counseling Comedy From John Hamburg And Matt Miller As Put Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Latest TV News
- ‘Riverdale’: Robin Givens Cast As Riverdale’s Mayor In The CW Series
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’: Ryan Lochte, Laurie Hernandez, Rick Perry Compete This Season
- Modern VideoFilm Founder Sues New Owner For $100 Million
- Latest Creative Arts Emmys Presenters Include Chris Hardwick, Margo Martindale & Gloria Steinem – Update
- ABC Nabs ‘Start Up’ Comedy Starring & Directed By Zach Braff As Put Pilot
- IATSE Offers To Help ‘Sausage Party’ Animators & Fight “Untenable” VFX Working Conditions