EXCLUSIVE: It has been a strong selling season for feature writer-director John Hamburg (Meet The Parents franchise, I Love You, Man) and former Chuck executive producer Matt Miller. Each already has sold a project with a put pilot commitment. Now the two have teamed for a comedy, which too has landed as a put pilot. CBS has bought the single-camera comedy, Good Session, which is produced by Warner Bros. TV where Miller is under a deal. Written/executive produced by Miller and Hamburg and to be directed by Hamburg if it goes to pilot, Good Session is exploring (via couples counseling sessions) the relationship of a thirtysomething couple from their first meeting (in flashback) through present day, as they decide whether it’s time to have a child. Hamburg, repped by WME and Sloss Eckhouse Law, is executive producing single-camera comedy The Henchman, which has a put pilot commitment at Fox. He has feature Brother From Another Mother set up at Fox. Miller, who served as showrunner on ABC’s 666 Park Ave, has drama Forever at ABC with a put pilot commitment. He also is executive producing/supervising drama Bad Guys at Fox. Repped by WME and McKuin, Frankel, Whitehead.
CBS Nabs Couple Counseling Comedy From John Hamburg And Matt Miller As Put Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- FXX Launches Late-Night Animation Block With Series From ADHD Studios
- 'MasterChef Jr.' Finale Up, 'Voice' Finale Down From 2013, 'NCIS: NOLA' Hits Low
- Julian McMahon & Daisy Betts Join Syfy's 'Childhood's End'
- Endemol, Shine & Core Joint Venture Gets Name, Sets More Top Execs, Merges Distribution & International Operations
- Da'vine Joy Randolph & Sheaun McKinney Cast In Danny McBride HBO Series 'Vice Principals'
- Stephen Hill Upped To BET President Of Programming